Douglas Long Distance Moving Companies
Douglas is a city renowned for its charm and warm neighbors. Who wouldn’t want to settle here? However, the physical move may prove challenging if not well executed. That is why we deemed it fit to offer you a detailed Arizona moving guide. A-1 Auto is your best bet if you are looking for a smooth moving process.
Professional tips to make your move easier
- Begin packing well ahead of your move if possible. It reduces stress and gives you more time to have a proper clear out of unwanted items.
- Concentrate on one room at a time and clearly label your box with room and contents.
- Use bubble wrap/paper to wrap all of your glass, china, and other breakables. Pack these fairly loosely and mark the boxes as ‘FRAGILE’.
- Newspaper can leave ink marks on items so it is best to use as outer wrapping only. Towels and old linen can also be used for extra protection.
- Protect large mirrors, paintings and artwork with cardboard.
- Avoid bin liners! These will more than likely split and spill their contents. Zipper bags can easily be sourced from discount shops and provide a much better way to store clothes and shoes.
- Do fill your boxes as much as possible. This helps the boxes stay in shape during transportation.
- Don’t make your boxes too heavy! For books and other heavy items, use smaller boxes or half fill with books and top up with lighter objects such as towels.
- Ensure the bottoms of your boxes are properly taped and avoid flimsy cardboard.
- Packing furniture and appliances is usually very tricky. For small appliances, if possible, pack them into their original boxes and tape securely.
- Be very careful with appliances and furniture that need to be taken apart. Ensure to packs all bolts and screws.
- Loosen handlebars on bikes if possible and cover chains and pedals.
- Don’t pack any items you are going to need between now and your move date! These are items such as vacuum cleaner and dusters because you will likely want to give the house a” once over” when it is empty.
- Do not forget to take safety measures into consideration. Empty any gas from lawnmowers or other machinery and safely dispose of any other flammable or poisonous household products.
- It’s always wise to unplug white goods and defrost fridge / freezer to prevent any damage to the fridge.
Why you should hire a professional moving company?
One of the main reasons why you should hire professional moving companies is their extensive skill set. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to which routes to take, packing efficiently, and keeping transportation costs low. This will ensure that your move is undertaken quickly and easily.
Their expertise allows them to tackle the moving process differently and more smoothly than you and your coven of friends. They know what packing materials are suitable for which items. What to ship last and what to takes priority. They even know how long it will take to move to help you plan accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best professional moving company
Choosing the best moving company in Douglas will require some research. You want a company that is licensed, experienced, and has a good reputation.
Start by reading online reviews or by asking for references. This will give you a better understanding of the balance between their pricing and quality of services. Remember that cheap quotes will often have hidden charges so do not fall into such traps. Also ensure that the company you choose can meet your specific needs, be it piano moving or artwork-handling.
Our moving services
- Military and student moving
- Office relocations
- Apartment and studio relocations
- Auto transport services
- Cheap local and long distance moving
- State to state and cross country moving
- Full service packing and unpacking
- Moving storage solutions
- Packaging materials and solutions
- Residential and commercial moving for homes, business, etc.
- Heavy furniture- example: pool table and piano moving
- Door to door moving
- International relocation
- Same day movers
- Cheap Douglas movers
Why A-1 Auto transport?
We are professionals who have amassed a lot of experience in the 30 years we have been in existence. Also, our services are highly targeted to the needs of the customer in regards to factors such as availability, location, costs, and more. Overall, we guarantee a fast, reliable and pocket friendly move.
Get in touch!
If you are planning a move to or from Douglas, kindly contact our experts on our toll-free line of 888-509-3213. Don’t forget to get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.