Generally, auto transportation requires dropping off the vehicle at the port or depot and from there on it is loaded on the ship or multi-vehicle carriers. And then the vehicles are delivered at the destination depot or terminal for pick-up.
Though it is a cost effective option for customers, usually the coordination for delivery and pick-up takes away a lot of time and requires logistic support. Thus, to further smoothen out the process, there are plenty of auto shipping services that offer affordable Door To Door Car Transport Interstate services.
This specific custom service ensures that your car or other vehicle is directly picked from your doorstep and delivered to your doorstep in the destination city. At A1 Auto Transport service, we offer delivery of your car directly to the address in the new city, so you never have to worry about picking it from the depot.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Reasons to Use Door-To-Door Car Transport for Interstate Moving
The main reason customers opt for door-to-door shipping is due to convenience. There are many reasons that selecting this method of shipment is a better choice. Some of these are:
- Saves time in picking and dropping the vehicle at the port or terminal. The shipping service takes care of all the requirements.
- The Same driver picks and transports the vehicle eliminating the need for multiple carriers and storage facility.
- You get to meet and talk with the driver who will transport your vehicle.
- Real-time updates with GPS tracking of all-transport carriers.
Option in door-to-door transportation.
As with any freight shipping method, door to door car transportation method offers multiple choices. You can pick from:
Multi-car transport truck: The trucks are designed for transporting vehicles with ease. Many vehicles can be adjusted and secured within two layers in the trucks.
Flatbed option: This is the best option for door to door transportation, if you need to move one single vehicle, motorcycle, dirt bike or a smaller car.
The enclosed trucking option is a better option as it provides added protection. With an option of enclosed transportation, your vehicle is not exposed to debris, incremental weather conditions, and potential damages during transit. This is a viable option if you are buying or selling cars or other vehicles and need to transport the vehicle over a long distance.
Transportation of your vehicle.
Irrespective of whether you are using door-to-door or terminal-to-terminal transportation, there are many steps that you need to take to prep up your vehicle for transportation. It is good to check the pressure in the tires, and car brake fluids or operational issues, so that there are no delays. If there are some issues, it is best to communicate it to the driver. You don’t need to have more than quarter of the tank of fuel. Remove all loose accessories or personal items as only empty vehicles can be transported. It is essential to disable all car alarms or turn them off during transit. The shipping company will require documentation of the damages, scratches and dents on the vehicle that you are transporting.
It is essential to remember that as the vehicle carriers are big in size, they need wide space on the street to park and haul the vehicle. Additionally, overhanging branches or driveways can pose to be an obstacle. In such cases, the trucks will be parked as close to your car as possible and the driver will contact you for the most convenient location.
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory