Do You Need Moving Insurance?
Making a move requires a lot of planning and preparation. You may be moving a lot of valuables and it is therefore important to have peace of mind that they will be transported safely. Professional movers like A1 Auto Transport are experienced in moving goods safely and reliably. However, it is good to acknowledge that while your long distance mover may try their best to handle your property with the utmost care, there are accidents that may occur.
Do you need moving insurance?
Many homeowners and renters policies will cover your personal property while they are at your residence in storage facilities and in-transit.
However they will not pay for any damages done to the insured property when it is being handled by movers. Therefore should your belongings break or get damaged while being packed or moved by the mover you cannot file a claim for the damages to be compensated.
Also, the moving company may be providing moving insurance but they may state that some conditions provide them with limited liability. The basic liability coverage will also make you lose the value of your belonging in the event that it is damaged or lost while in the possession of the mover. Such situations make it necessary for you to get moving insurance. You will have peace of mind knowing that you are well-prepared for any uncertainty that may occur.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of moving insurance
The main benefit is having the assurance that in the event that your valuable property gets lost or damaged the moving company or your insurance provider will be able to indemnify you for this. The item will be replaced, repaired or paid for. You will not lose its value. This compensation plan gives you peace of mind.
Types of coverage offered by moving companies:
Moving companies provide different types of moving insurance covers. It is good to get more information from them and find out whether the following options are available to you:
- A floater fully protects items of high value (jewelry, fine art, vases etc).
- Car insurance verification is provided for as you ship your vehicle.
- Trip transit insurance covers your belongings against risks that may occur while in-transit or while being stored. The risks covered are theft or disappearance and fire.
- Breakage of all but fragile items is covered by the special perils contents coverage.
- Storage insurance covers against risks that may occur while your property is being stored before or after the move.
While you may be aiming to make a move that is within your budget, catering for moving insurance is worth it. State-to-state moves, or any other move, come with many uncertainties. Should these occur, it is good to be prepared. You need to have moving insurance to ensure that in case your property gets damage or lost, you will not lose its total value. Most importantly it is good to get the right moving insurance, from a reputable firm. It does pay to be covered and well prepared.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services