Moving is not something you plan and execute overnight. In most cases, such a plan will leave you not only exhausted but also with a lot of stuff to leave or items to lose due to inappropriate planning. Perhaps you are planning to move in a few days and wondering whether the moving company next door offers moving storage. Before hiring out any moving company, read this article for a comprehensive overview of what moving storage entails and why the service isn’t offered by all movers.
Not all movers offer moving storage
Moving storage service is involving, which implies that for any company to offer such services it should have all the necessary resources. The fact that people use moving storage to keep their belongings even for long-term implies that the provider of such services ought to be ready to take great care of the items, which includes offering the necessary security.
The best moving storage services are defined by the following factors:
- Multiple options: Any company offering moving storage should be ready to cater for the transportation, loading and offloading of customers’ belongings, or even in other cases provide storage-in-transit.
- Worldwide resources: The best moving and storage company should have connections and networks elsewhere for the provision of customized service to clients regardless of the location.
- Enough storage facilities: It will be hard for a company to offer moving storage if it does not have enough storage facilities. In addition, the facilities should be secure especially for keeping your important documents.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Reasons why some movers do not offer moving storage
Some of the factors that determine a moving company’s ability to offer high-quality moving storage are highlighted below:
- High cost of operation: When people are moving from one house to another, they look for the most affordable moving storage services. While this is the case, for any company to offer cheap storage services, it should be in a position to cater for such services without straining its budget and yet make profits. New moving companies might find it hard to achieve this and hence, avoid the service.
- Lack of enough and secure storage facilities: There is not a single person who will want to leave their belonging in a place where they are not secured against damage and theft. Only a few moving companies can afford secure storage facilities and hence, not all movers offer moving storage services.
- Lack of enough resources: Successful and secure storage of clients’ stuff involves several service options. For example, a client might want their items transported, loaded, unloaded, or even stored temporarily, or permanently. In addition, another customer might require services while in a different location. Only a well-equipped and resource-endowed moving company can provide such services.
Different moving companies offer different moving services package. You should therefore, not expect to get similar services from all the moving companies that you know. If you need moving storage, research widely to help you identify the moving company that offers this service.