Dixon Long Distance Moving Companies
The beauty of moving is the exposure to new culture and a different lifestyle. To start life afresh in Dixon, the boyhood home of former U.S. president Ronald Reagan, enlist the services of A-1 Auto Transport. We have handled numerous moves to several destinations, and we focus on satisfying our customers by providing high-quality services. Visit our Illinois offices or call us today to reserve your spot. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to ease your move
- Source for plenty of boxes to pack your belongings. Make sure the boxes are free of any chemicals before you start using them. Start packing items that you don’t use frequently and make sure everything fits in a box before sealing it properly.
- When labeling the boxes, write a description of what’s inside and the rooms where each box should be placed. Put the labels on the sides and top of the boxes so that you can easily know the contents even when they are stacked.
- Use a small plastic bag for screws and bolts from dismantled furniture and stick the bag to its relevant piece of furniture. This will save you the headache of rummaging through the boxes looking for them.
- Make sure you have lightbulbs at your new house. Trying to locate a shop in a new place will be difficult.
- When you arrive in your new house, flatten out some card boxes to protect your floor from getting scratched when arranging furniture. Remove them once you have finished moving your furniture.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
3 reasons why you need a professional moving company
- Movers are trained with techniques to pack fast while taking care of your stuff. They will load and unload your belongings and have you settled in no time. The movers have the skills to handle fragile items without breaking them.
- Protection of your belongings. Movers make sure your household items are protected by providing various coverage options. You can discuss the best option that you can afford, but they are mandated to cover $0.60 per pound per item. If you have valuable items, you may opt to purchase additional insurance cover for extra protection.
- If you are moving across the states, the cost of hiring a truck, moving equipment, paying for a motel and eating out will be very high. Plus, you’ll miss out on work, and this will impact you negatively. All this can, however, be avoided if you hire a professional moving company to handle your move.
How to find a reputable moving company
Read online reviews of the company by visiting the Better Business Bureau website. Consumers leave comments depending on their experience with a moving company. A company with many negative reviews shows lack of commitment and trust.
Look for a moving company with reasonable rates. After screening a few moving companies, get their quotes and go for one that’s affordable. Some movers charge extremely low or high prices, and you need to beware of such companies.
A reliable mover is required to provide you with a copy of ‘Your Rights and Responsibilities’ booklet. This will inform you on what to expect before, during and after a move.
Make sure the company you are interested in is properly licensed by the FMCSA. If operating interstate, the mover should have a USDOT Number. If it’s a move within the state, they should be licensed by the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Consider hiring a local mover. Make arrangements to visit their facility and ask as many questions as possible. Check out the kind of services they offer and how well-trained their workers are. Find out if they provide extra measures to protect fragile items and if they have storage facilities.
A-1 Auto Transport moving services
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- College relocation
- Pet transport
- Packing and unpacking
- Storage options
- Corporate moving
- Door to door moving
- Cheap Dixon movers
Why hire us?
A-1 Auto Transport is fully equipped for local and international moves. Since our establishment, we have built a strong reputation by providing superior moving services to our clients. Whether you’re moving across the street or country, you can rely on us to support you every step of the way. If you are looking for experience in a moving company, then you are in the right place.
Call us now
Our team of experts is ready to answer any of your questions or visit your home for a one-on-one chat. Contact us today on 888-509-3213, and you’ll see why we are the people’s favorite. Get your free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com