- Detroit Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why you need a professional mover
- How to find the best moving company in Detroit
- The best tips when moving to Detroit
- International And Overseas Moving To Or From Detroit
- Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
- Out of State Movers Near Me
- Our moving services
- Get in Touch
Detroit Long Distance Moving Companies
Detroit, the county seat of Wayne County is also the largest city in the state of Michigan with over 700,000 residents. The city is commonly referred to as the ‘Auto City’ due to the era of automobile manufacturing in the early and mid-20th century. The city hosts the headquarters of most automobile manufactures in the country. The city’s architecture is one of a kind with UNESCO referring to it as a Design City. Detroit enjoys huge revenue from over 19 million tourists who visit the factories, Detroit River and magnificent structures. It also has sports teams which play in the NFL, NBA, NCAA leagues.
Move to a new city and try out different experiences. Detroit welcomes all visitors and has affordable real estate. Choose A-1 Auto Transport for smooth moving and vehicle relocation services. Enjoy different types of music and visit the home of famous rapper, Eminem.
Why you need a professional mover
- Saves time: When using moving companies you can be sure of swift services. The personnel have the experience required to pack and load the items faster. The company plans for the move months in advance. They arrive well equipped and know how to deal with any challenges. The professionally trained personnel and advanced equipment ensure the move is done within the stated timeline. Professional movers know the more time they spend handling a move, the more expensive it gets for the client.
- Minimal accidents: Moving companies have the skills and experience to cut down the chances of accidents. They apply sufficient labour when moving bulky items. They can also dismantle large items and move them in bits. They use winches, trolleys and forklifts to move heavy items such as couches and king size beds. Real-time satellite tracking ensures they are aware of potential trouble like bad roads or extreme weather.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Detroit
Start early since most movers in Detroit are usually booked. Check the Michigan Movers Association for reliable movers operating within the state of Michigan. Use the American Movers and Storage Association for reliable state to state movers.
Check the company’s reputation at the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. A reliable moving company should have a satisfactory safety rating and zero pending violations. Review the consumer complaints and get to know the weakness of the mover. If the company still has the same complaints in a span of 2 years, it means they don’t value the customer’s satisfaction.
Search for customer reviews on sites like Moverreviews.com. Satisfied customers leave glowing reviews while unsatisfied customers have negative comments. It’s advisable not to fully depend on internet reviews when choosing moving companies. Some sites are known to generate fake reviews to improve their ratings.
Get at least three estimates from different companies before agreeing on the best. Check how the company deals with the delivery window and payment policy. They are the two most sensitive clauses in the estimate. Delays in payment can cause additional expenses which can break your move.
The best tips when moving to Detroit
- After choosing the most reliable moving company, start marking your moving items. Declutter all items you no longer use by selling or donating them.
- Pack the items and tape the boxes on the outside and mark them appropriately.
- Use the company’s estimate to plan your move. Make a budget and mark moving dates on a centrally placed calendar.
- Have a checklist of all items you have packed. Document their condition and take clear photographs.
- Do not pack liquids in the boxes. They spill easily especially along rough roads. Small spills of bleaching agents can ruin your clothes. If you have to move them, pack them together and reinforce the lids with plastic sheets and inform the movers.
- After all the items have been loaded, move around the house one final time and confirm nothing has been left unpacked.
- Inform the movers about the rules of your new premises before they arrive. They may have strict entry and exit hours or a policy against access by big vehicles.
International And Overseas Moving To Or From Detroit
A1 auto transport can not only ship your car, but any item within your house as well. We can provide international transportation for your property as well as related services.
Some clients insist on doing their own packing, so they won't have to pay the company another fee. However, in this case, any mistakes done will be the responsibility of the client. It's a very time consuming process too, and there're particular steps you need to follow to do it well.
The way your furniture and boxes are placed in the truck/container is also important. Not only must everything be immobile, but fragile things must be placed on top and some items may have to strapped or surrounded by buffer materials to prevent damage.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our customers are our biggest asset. We guarantee quality services and affordable rates. Our customer support is swift and professionally trained; you can be sure of satisfactory responses with each enquiry.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services
- Military moves
- Local moves
- Pet transport
- Commercial moves
- Bulky furniture moves
- Interstate moves
- Apartment moves
- Storage services
Get in Touch
Call us on 1-888-241-3110 and let us make your move to the ‘auto city’ seamless. Check out A-1 Auto Transport and fill out the form at the top of our page for crazy discounts.