Des Plaines Long Distance Moving Companies
When it comes to safe relocation, the option of hiring a moving company should always be on the table. You’ve probably bought the house of your dreams and need to pack and move your belongings to Des Plaines. When you hire A-1 Auto Transport, we will send in our team of professionals who will guide your move. We are an experienced moving company based in Illinois, with exceptional services to make your move seamless. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to ease your move
- Get organized early: Plan ahead. Unless it's urgent, you probably have more than 6 weeks to organize everything that’s necessary before moving day. Arrange for your kid’s school transfer and get all the medical records you need.
- Sort your items: If you have stuff in your house that you haven’t used for over six months, you definitely don’t need it. Give it to charities near you or hold a garage sale.
- Pack early: Get enough packing supplies before you start packing. These include boxes, tapes, bubble wrap, and markers. Pack from one room to another starting with the items you use less frequently. Make sure the boxes are correctly labeled to make it easy when unloading.
- Pack valuable separately: Find a safe box to pack all your jewelry and important documents such as passports and birth certificates. Make sure you personally transport your valuables to your new home.
- Change of address: Visit the local post office and fill out Change of Address form. This ensures that you continue receiving important mail after moving out. Alert your bank and business contacts of the move and give them your new address.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- Convenience and safety. When you hire a professional mover, you get to decide a time that’s more convenient for you to move. They also provide moving services that will accommodate your budget so that you don’t go broke after your move! The movers are trained to handle your items professionally and deliver them without breakages.
- The use of the right equipment is crucial in ensuring the safety of your items. Professional movers are well equipped with tools to dismantle your furniture and reassemble them back at your new house. They can lift your heavy and bulky items easily hence making your move fast.
- When you hire experienced movers, you can rest assured that you’ll be settled within no time. Your belongings will be handled professionally and delivered promptly. Professional movers have a tracking system to ensure the security of your items during the move.
- Moving is our mainstay, and you can be certain that we will show up on the day of moving to help you pack and move your items to your new home. A-1 Auto Transport will get the job done with minimal stress.
How to find a reputable mover
- Insurance cover: Do not hire a company that is not clear in its insurance policy. You want your items moved by a company that provides adequate insurance for your belongings. This will give you peace of mind since you’re sure of compensation in case of any damages or loss. Check if the company has complied with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
- Evaluate movers: It takes proper research to get a good moving company. Start by asking your friends or co-workers to recommend moving companies they have used and had a good experience. You can also check online for movers near you and visit their offices to get more details about their operations. Investigate multiple movers before making a decision.
- Licensing: Always look for legitimate moving companies. The FMCSA provides the history of moving companies and is responsible for registering and licensing them. Interstate movers must be issued with a USDOT Number while intrastate movers must have proper licensing from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Our moving services
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Military moving
- Door to door relocation
- Local moves
- International moves
- Residential moving
- Office relocation
- Packing supplies
- Cheap Des Plaines movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
With over 25 years moving people all over the world, our vision is to provide affordable moving services. We help you relocate safely, securely and conveniently. Our team works diligently to make sure you transition to your new place without breaking a sweat. You can rely on A-1 Auto Transport to be with you throughout the journey.
To book your date, call us toll-free on 888-509-3213. Get free moving estimates by completing the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org