Derby Long Distance Moving Companies
Derby is found in New Haven County, Connecticut State. The city is relatively small in size. The population is less than 13,000 with the whole city occupying an area of 14 kilometers squared. The town has the highest number of citizens of Polish heritage. It has several attractions; the century old National Humane Alliance Fountain and the Sterling Opera House, both of which are national historic sites. Infrastructure in Derby is well developed. People move to settle in the small town with warm climate, live close to relatives and friends, or view the historic sites. A-1 Auto Transport knows the town well and is trusted to provide affordable long distance moves to and from Derby. We also relocate motor vehicles.
Why engage the services of a moving company?
- Movers have the right equipment. They use the latest mechanization to conduct successful moves. The company has equipment to disengage bulky furniture such as L-couches, beds and wall units. They do so in a few minutes which would otherwise take hours if you do it yourself.
- Hiring a moving company reduces the stress associated with moving. A mover has the experience to handle the hectic moving day requirements. When contacted weeks ahead, they plan well enough such that all things on moving day flow smoothly to your satisfaction
- A mover saves you time. They are orderly and work with a tested schedule. Employees of the company who arrive to handle the move work in unison and know when and how to carry out a certain task. Besides, using mechanization saves on time due to the easy lifting and loading involved.
- It keeps people close to you relieved. Most of your friends might not be able to help you move. They have their own duties to attend to and the heavy lifting and numerous trips might be too strenuous for them.
- Movers provide additional services. Professional movers have cleaning and storage services. They can access the area before you arrive and clean it for you. Movers also store your load in case you are not moving into your new premises immediately.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips for conducting a successful move
- When hiring a moving company, use local companies since they know the area well.
- Planning is a critical factor in the moving process. If you are not an efficient planner you can engage the company services or hire a moving manager. Setting things in motion is not in any way easy or fun. One needs a schedule and things to keep reminding you of when to do what.
- Source for packing materials on time. You can use the mover’s boxes at a fee or buy. When packing, use an inventory to record all the items you put in boxes. This ensures no misplacement or misunderstanding with the loaders when unloading or unpacking your load.
- Use a color code to identify the boxes. When packing use one set of color for one room or use it for items which serve the same purpose. Pack all minute items like screws, bolts and nuts in a plastic pouch and keep it in your suitcase to avoid losing it.
- Take photographs of all connections used in the electronic apparatus. This is useful when connecting them in your new premises. Pack an overnight bag which you will use immediately you arrive in your new premises. This should have essentials like clothes, utensils and toiletries. Personal items should also not be moved with the rest of the load.
How to find an efficient mover
Use websites like USDOT and AMSA. They license, regulate and register moving companies. Use the websites to do background checks on how the company operates and how long it has been operational. Ask for referrals from friends and neighbors. Someone around you must have dealt with a local moving company. Visit websites such as movingscam.com that lists poor service delivery movers.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have a base in Derby and know what moves fit your needs. We have professionally trained employees who are ready to listen and answer to your queries. Our services are continuously tested to identify any errors and we rectify them immediately.
We provide the following services:
- Apartment moves
- Office moves
- Commercial relocations
- Military moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Local moves
- Cheap Derby movers
- Same day moves
Get in touch
Call us on 888-509-3213, or visit, A-1 Auto Transport. Please remember to fill out the form at the top of our page and get free professional moving advice.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.