Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Decatur, Indiana
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Decatur Long Distance Moving Companies
The urge to move to a new place is triggered by a variety of reasons such as joining your spouse, taking up the big promotion in a new city, or simply to start over in a new environment. Hiring professionals will make sure the excitement is not short lived. A-1 Auto Transport, Indiana, is a professional moving company offering the best moving solutions across the country. Don’t be alone planning a move to Decatur, enlist our services and let us move you in style. We also relocate vehicles.
Top 5 moving tips
- Preparation is key: A move is not as simple as boxing up your items and transporting them. There are important decisions you need to make like hiring a mover, getting your kid’s school records and transferring your license.
- Packing supplies: The process of packing is tedious and time-consuming. Gather plenty of boxes of different sizes from liquor or bookstores. They use heavy duty boxes which are firm thus will prevent your items from falling out. You also need sealing tape, plastic wrap and bubble wrap.
- Labeling: When you finish packing a box, write a short description of what’s inside. Label both sides of the box for easy identification from any direction. This makes it easy for you and your movers when unloading and unpacking.
- Hire a mover: The process of moving can be complicated and can only be made easier by hiring a reliable moving company. Do your research and settle for the best in the market. Pick a date that falls on a weekday when fewer people are moving, and the rates are lowest.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- In-house survey. A reliable mover sends in their sales team to inspect and take inventory of your stuff so that they may calculate the moving cost. By assessing your items, the movers can come up with an accurate estimate. The quotes will help you plan your budget more effectively and avoid overspending.
- Storage services. A move may not always flow as smoothly as expected. Adverse weather conditions may cause your move to be temporarily suspended. Hiring movers who have storage facilities will be advantageous since your possessions will be stored under safe conditions. You can resume the move when it’s safe.
- With so much to do and limited time, you need the skills of professional movers. They work with speed and agility when packing your household items and will take care of everything professionally. What could have taken you weeks, will take them a day or two.
- Handling heavy, bulky and delicate items is better left to professionals. With their special equipment and tools, they are trained to move your furniture through any space ensuring that your walls are not scratched in the process. You don’t need to be stressed wondering how to wrap your expensive TV; they’ll do it for you.
How to find a reliable moving company
Give preference to a moving company that’s duly licensed by the FMCSA. The agency authorizes moving companies that have complied with the public safety regulations. Movers operating from state to state are issued with a USDOT Number and Motor Carrier number. In-state movers must obtain permits from the Indiana Department of Revenue.
Is your mover insured? A reputable moving company is required to provide adequate protection for household items during the entire moving process. There are different insurance options you can choose from depending on your budget. This way, you are guaranteed of compensation in case of an accident.
Online reviews from reputable sites like Yelp and Angie’s List provide an insight into the performance of a company. If there are numerous complaints lodged against a particular moving company, that’s enough reason to avoid it.
Only consider movers who have provided their contact information and have physical offices. It is easier to communicate with them in case you have any concerns.
- Vehicle transport
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Long distance moving
- Storage services
- International moving
- Commercial moving
- Pet transport
- Cheap Decatur movers
Why hire us?
Since inception, we have moved thousands of people to different places across the country and globe. We aim to deliver top-notch moving services both locally and internationally. With highly qualified crew, we have confidence in what we do and promise to handle your items like the real pros we are. Trust A-1 Auto Transport for safe and secure delivery of household items.
Get in touch with our customer experts on 888-509-3213 to get exclusive details on the best moving plans we have. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.