Decatur Long Distance Moving Companies
Decatur is a major industrial hub and the largest city in Macon County, Illinois. Its home to some of the world’s renowned manufacturers such as Caterpillar Inc., and Tate and Lyle corn processing plant. The city has developed rapidly over the years mainly due to its agricultural activities. If you are planning to move soon, hiring an Illinois based professional moving company is the best decision you’ll ever make. A-1 Auto Transport has been in the industry for over two decades, and we can promise you that our experience will go a long way in making your transition smooth. Our services are exceptional and come at pocket-friendly prices. We also transport vehicles.
Top tips for moving house
- Supplies: Gather boxes of different sizes from the liquor stores or grocery shops. Make sure the boxes are plenty to avoid making multiple trips to get more. You also need markers, newspaper, bubble wrap, and tape to seal the boxes.
- Purge your items: Go through your rooms checking which items will not add value to the new house you’re relocating to and decide whether to donate or sell them. Start with the basement since most of the unused items are stored there. This way, you’ll have less stress packing and unpacking your stuff.
- Pack breakables carefully: Breakable items such as glass ornaments, china, and vases need to be handled with care when packing. Use towels, blankets, newspaper or egg cartons for extra padding to make sure your items are safe.
- Basic necessities: You’ll probably be too tired to start unpacking right away when you arrive at your new house. It’s wise to pack a separate box with essential items you’ll require for a couple of days at your new place. Make sure the box is loaded last and unloaded first so that you can have easy access to anything you need.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- When you move on your own, you can make mistakes that will cost you. Hiring a truck that’s too small to fit your items will force the truck to make multiple trips to move all your belongings. On the other hand, when you hire a professional moving company, their experts will take one look at your household items and suggest the right truck size to move everything you own in a single trip. This will save you money and time.
- Professional movers will keep their word and show up at your doorstep on the date you agreed. Most of them do a follow-up and will remind you of the upcoming event a few days before the move. They will not let you down since a signed contract binds them.
- Safety and convenience. But when you hire professionals, they’ll make sure your items are safely packed and loaded into the trucks. They are trained to handle heavy and fragile items and have the manpower and skills to carry them down the stairs or through narrow corridors.
Tips for finding a reputable moving company
- Licensing: Only hire a mover registered and licensed by the FMCSA. Tracking a licensed mover is easier than an unlicensed mover. Interstate movers must have a valid USDOT Number while in-state movers should have a permit from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
- Affiliations: Visit the American Moving and Storage Association to look for a reliable moving company. The association screens and investigates its members to make sure they adhere to the professional business practices. Consumers are protected from falling into the hands of rogue operators through the association's ProMover program.
- Insurance: To guarantee the safety of your belongings, only hire insured companies. The federal government requires moving companies to provide adequate insurance for their clients. To check if a mover has complied with the regulations, visit the Licensing and Insurance Public database.
- Office relocation
- Military relocation
- Long distance moving
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
- Corporate moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Full-service pack
- Furniture relocation
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Our customers form the backbone of our business, and we strive to ensure they are fully satisfied with the quality of services we provide. We use modern technology to track our trucks and vans to keep you updated on the progress of your move. Trust A-1 Auto Transport for reliable, affordable and efficient moving services.
Book your date today
Give us a call on 888-509-3213 and secure your spot on our calendar. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to attend to your moving concerns. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.