Dearborn Long Distance Moving Companies
Dearborn, the eighth largest city in Michigan has a population of over 100,000 residents. It is located in Wayne County along Rouge River. Dearborn is best known as the home of Henry Ford, the founder of the Ford Motor Company. The company has its majestic glass house headquarters in the city. The city also has a large Middle Eastern population which ensures a constant supply of spicy cuisine and traditional music. Long distance moves are best handled by professionals. A-1 Auto Transport is the most experienced and well-equipped moving and vehicle relocation company in Dearborn. Fair lane has picturesque picnic and camping grounds for residents and visitors. View the earliest presidential limousines at the Henry Ford Museum and tour the factory which produced millions of automobiles in the early 20th century.
Why hire a moving company?
- Affordability: Moving companies will save you money in the long run. They have trucks which can move your huge load in a single trip. This saves on fuel and time. They are experienced and will detect any unforeseen occurrences. They protect your items to avoid any damage or delays that may bring additional expenses. They also have insurance which covers you against loss.
- Equipment: Handling items like refrigerators, pool tables and pianos require the right equipment. You also need to pack items in corrugated boxes which can withstand heavy weight. Moving companies have trolleys and ramps which they use to safely and swiftly load your items. They deliver your items using modified moving vehicles. These equipment is expensive and not easily accessible at times.
- Straight-forward estimates: Moving companies include time, resources and unforeseen situations in the estimate they give customers. This ensures costs such as packing supplies or longer routes do not pop up after the contract has been signed. They also have an able team that keeps the expenses in check to avoid breaking your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Dearborn
Get an in-person estimate from people you trust. They should know the number of items you own and the distance you want to move. Avoid brokers since they only refer you to companies that offer them a commission regardless of their quality.
Check the American Movers and Storage Association for the best state to state movers. They operate in over 33 states and have a list of over 500 professional movers that abide by the associations rules and regulations. It’s advisable to use its members since the association mediates in case of disputes.
Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to verify the movers’ insurance information, experience and licenses. View the number of moves the company handles annually. The household goods license should also have been operational for the past three years. The insurance should cover your items and building the move is taking place. The company should also provide supplemental insurance for high-value items.
Check how the company deals with consumer complaints. If they don’t have an easy channel to front your displeasure, the company may not be legitimate. The customer should feel free to air their grievances if the company does not perform according to the agreement.
The best moving practices
- Pack in a professional manner. Pad all the boxes since they will be handled by different personnel. Use quality corrugated boxes that can withstand bumpy roads and heavy loads.
- Separate items you’ll need on arrival and ensure they are in your care. Ensure you have clean clothes, sleeping materials and personal items in your vehicle in case delivery of your items is delayed.
- Mark all the boxes accordingly. Ensure they have your name since movers frequently combine different loads for long distance moves. Organize the boxes and ensure light items are placed on top of the heavy ones.
- Avoid packing foodstuff since this could attract harmful bacteria, rodents and insects.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We ensure our rates are affordable to all our clients. We tailor financial packages that cater to our customers across all income levels. With free valuation coverage, a candid moving estimate and a fixed delivery window, you are sure no additional costs will pop up when moving.
Our moving services
- Interstate moves
- Local moves
- Corporate relocations
- Pet transport
- Apartment relocations
- Vacation moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Storage services
Check us out
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.