Believe it or not, having a bit of anxiety after you have moved into a new location is quite common. You might be tempted to think that after having successfully dealt with all the stress and headaches of packing, organizing, dealing with movers, etc… the process of actually getting settled in would be a walk in the park. Well, it can be, but you need to know some of the things that might cause anxiety after the move…and also some practical ways to deal with this.
Yes, the first days in your new place will be a bit disorganized, but having things get out of hand can bring on some anxiety. Everything is packed away and you might feel like you just want a break. This can lead to procrastination, which will lead to a hunt for certain items here and there, which will lead to even more disorganization.
Then, the frustration can set in when you can’t find something you want or need and realize your life still revolves around those silly, unpacked boxes. Instead of having this happen, remain calm and focus. Give yourself as much time each day as you can to do some focus unpacking. Before you know it, everything will be finished and you will be settled in…and no more anxiety.
If you have moved far enough away, you might actually experience some level of culture shock. The initial excitement of starting over may have given way to loneliness and anxiety. All the things you might have loved about your old area are now gone. The social norms and ways things are done might seem strange and unfamiliar (it will likely be even worse if you are in another country). Instead of feeling sad, consider this as an opportunity to:
- Learn and grow as a person
- Try different things; you might learn to love doing things another way
- Get out there and start meeting new people
- Join some local clubs, sports team, church group, or volunteer
Any of these things should help you to feel like you fit in more, reducing the anxiety and culture shock.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Missing Your Loved Ones
If you are now far away from friends and family, this can be difficult. However, technology has a way of bridging that distance. Mobile phones, Skype, email, and Facebook make it almost like you are still in the next room when talking with the special people in your life. You could also take a quick trip back ‘home’ every so often to reconnect with everyone.
Dealing With Moving Problems
You may also need to deal with a moving company that has lost or damaged some of your items. Do not let this get to you and raise your stress level. There is a process for filing claims with the moving company. You can even contact this excellent federal government resource.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory