Danville Long Distance Moving Companies
To make your move to Danville efficient and less stressful, you may consider hiring an Illinois based professional moving company. We provide services that accommodate your personal preferences including your budget. Don’t spend sleepless nights planning your move, let A-1 Auto Transport handle everything as you focus on other important issues. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
- Order for packing materials at least four weeks in advance. It’s never too early to start packing since you might have more stuff than you think. Make sure the boxes have firm edges and come in different sizes.
- Notify people in your life and important business contacts that you’re moving. Make a point of visiting the post office to change your address, or you can do it online. This will ensure that you keep your mail coming.
- Assign a different color to each room to make it easier for your movers when unloading. Mark everything you own so that the movers can tell which items belong to which rooms. If there are fragile items, make sure you clearly indicate on the sides of the boxes.
- Pack a ‘first night’ kit with essential items such as toiletries, beddings, snacks, and a change of clothes. When you arrive at your new place, you’ll probably be too tired to prepare a meal and having snacks ready will be wise.
- On moving day, check every room to confirm that nothing important is left behind. Check the backyard and garage as well. Having a checklist will help you account for everything you own and help you to easily identify anything that’s missing.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Save time: The crew of a professional moving company is well trained to work efficiently when packing and unpacking your belongings. They will take over your moving process and organize everything saving you time and energy.
- Packing: It’s important to keep your items safe, and no one will do this better than a professional mover. They use heavy duty wrapping materials and use the right methods to make sure your items are safely packed. Their boxes are designed to protect your items from getting damaged.
- Storage facilities: If you hire a professional moving company, they will provide storage facilities for your household items. So, if your move was abrupt and you had to move to a smaller apartment that didn’t fit your items, you don’t have to worry. Your stuff will be kept in safe and secure conditions until the day you’ll pick it.
How to find a trustworthy moving company
Check if the company is listed in the Better Business Bureau. Here you can find the reviews from other customers who have moved in the past. Read the reviews carefully since some people may be biased in their comments. Other sites like Yelp and HomeAdvisor are a great resource if you’re looking to hire a trustworthy moving company.
Consider hiring a moving company that’s affiliated with the Illinois Movers’ and Warehousemen’s Association. IMAWA subjects its members through strict background checks to ensure they have clean records. The movers should also agree to follow a specific set of rules that safeguard the welfare of consumers.
Never hire a company that’s not licensed or insured. Confirm the licensing details with the FMCSA and if it’s a long distance move, check if the mover has a valid USDOT Number. Ask to be provided with a Certificate of Insurance which is proof that the company is insured. Verify their credentials with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
We specialize in the following services
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Door to door moving
- Corporate moving
- Furniture relocation
- Packing supplies
- Commercial and residential moving
Why hire us?
When it comes to moving, A-1 Auto Transport is trusted by thousands of people locally and overseas to provide first-class moving services. We use high-quality packing materials and modern equipment to ensure the safety of your household items. Our drivers are highly trained to handle the trucks professionally and deliver your belongings according to schedule. We make sure that your move is value for money. Hire us today and feel the difference.
For any inquiries about the moving solutions available, call our customer representatives now on 888-509-3213. To get your free moving quotes, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.