- The subject of moving is a very touchy one for most people because of the varied feelings people have about it. For the vast majority, they find moving a challenging project, while others consider it daunting to say the least. Regardless of this, moving is a process that Americans have embraced judging by the huge number of people who move every year. It is estimated that 17% of the country’s entire population relocate each year! Therefore, your student move to or from CUNY School of Professional Studies is one among millions of moves planned for this year. However, you need not face it with trepidation the way most people look at moving. We are here to help you achieve a flawless and stress-free moving experience. Our company was established over twenty years ago, so you can be sure that you are in good hands. Additionally, our moving advice and services have seen us become one of America’s most preferred moving services provider. We have moved folks all over the country, including here in New York with great ease; therefore, your move will be no different.
How to move seamlessly as a student
In order to have a seamless move to or from college, you have to be well prepared. These moving tips will go a long way in ensuring that you are ready to move without any hitches.
- Purge: The fewer items you have the less of a hassle that packing and moving will be. Toss anything that is no longer of any value to you, sell what is still in good condition but you probably won’t need and donate any extras to non-profits.
- Move in the low season: We understand that students usually move around the same time, making this a peak moving season. However, you can find out from your university if you can reschedule your move to a less hectic time by moving in earlier. Furthermore, if you are moving to an apartment, you have a better chance of rescheduling your move date.
- Pack appliances in their original packaging: This packing hack will save you space and money since you won’t have to buy new packing supplies. Furthermore, your appliances are safer in their original packaging as they are designed to keep them safe from damage or breakage.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
Students are known to be moving on a budget. However, you should consider investing in a professional mover. Here are some reasons why.
- Cost-effectiveness: Believe it or not, professional movers may end up saving you lots of cash. Granted, hiring a professional mover will be a costly investment. However, this will pay off in the long run because all costs are captured in one place. Therefore, you don’t have to spend time and fuel running around sourcing for different moving supplies from separate vendors.
- No heavy lifting worries: Moving heavy boxes and furniture is tiresome and dangerous. You won’t have to worry about fitting bulky and awkward furniture through narrow doorways, or about sore muscles from all the manual work.
How to hire a professional moving company
There are various steps you can follow when you are looking to hire a moving company. We have compiled a few to get you on the right track as you search for a mover.
- Ask for a moving estimate: Call a few local companies and request a moving estimate. Professional moving companies will send a representative to do a thorough walk-through assessment of your move before sending a moving estimated.
- Compare prices against services: Once you have a few moving estimates, you can now use these to compare the costs from the various moving companies. However, do not be guided by cost alone, compare the services offered as well as the track record of the companies before making a final decision.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A1 Auto Transport Moving services
We have a wide array of moving services to choose from. Some of these services are local, long distance, coast to coast, interstate, nationwide and international relocation services. Furthermore, we offer auto transport, specialized shipping of pool tables, moving storage, furniture disassembly and reassembly among other services.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a fully-fledged moving services provider established over twenty years ago. Moreover, we are licensed and insured, and have professional affiliations such as ProMover and American Moving and Storage Association. Furthermore, our Better Business Bureau rankings have remained consistently good over the years.
Call us today
You may reach us via 888-509-3213 for any moving queries you have as well as solutions to your moving needs. Alternatively, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.