Admittedly, moving is a process that is considered to be stressful by most people. In fact, moving is said to be one of life’s most stressful events. That notwithstanding, moving is a universal event that every human being will be sure to go through at least once in their lifetimes. In America though, the number of times the average adult will move is much higher. A census that was taken a few years ago shows that Americans move a total of 12 times in their entire lifetimes. This basically means that each American will move every 6 years! Additionally, it has been proven that renters will relocate more often than home owners. All these statistics just go to show that your move to or from CUNY School of Medicine is one of the millions of moves that will happen in America this year. However, your student move does not have to be stressful at all. You have landed on the page of one of America’s oldest moving service providers; therefore, you can be sure that your move is in good hands. We have been helping folks all over New York and the rest of the country with great ease and success.
How to achieve a smooth student move
You can have a smooth move into or out of university if you follow these moving tips.
- Packing like a pro: Packing is one of the most involving and tedious tasks in the process of moving. Therefore, to make it easier for you, pack heavy items such as books in smaller boxes and light items such as clothes in bigger boxes.
- Make travel arrangements early: Once you have figured out how to move your items, you should also plan for your own travel arrangements. If, for instance, you are not doing a DIY move, then you should consider hiring a car, or asking a friend or family member to drive you on the moving day.
- Notify everyone that matters early enough about your move: Saying goodbye is not easy. However, make it a point to let everyone who matters know that you are leaving. It would not be nice if they found out via social media that you have left and won’t be returning for a good number of months or years.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
Here are some benefits tied to hiring a professional moving company for your student move.
- Ease of planning: A professional moving company works with schedules, making the process of planning all your moving tasks a real breeze.
- Safety of your belongings: Since professional moving crews are trained on the best way to handle and pack different items, your belongings will be in safe hands. Furthermore, the moving insurance that they extend to your items ensures that you are covered in case of any mishaps.
How to find a professional moving company
For a first-time mover like you, finding a good mover may prove to be a daunting task. Therefore, we have put some tips together to help you along.
- Be specific: Identify what you really need from the moving company. This will help you as you start your search for a reputable moving company near you. Do you require a full-service move, packing services only, or hauling and loading only?
- Referrals: Ask around for referrals, preferably from people and businesses you can trust. Your friends and family, as well as the local realtors who have been in business for a good number of years, are bound to give you good referrals.
- Ask questions: Call the companies that you have been referred to. If they are located near you, pay them a visit too. Be sure to ask as many questions as possible that are specifically related to your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport Inc., we have a wide variety of moving services such as full-service moves, packing and unpacking services, furniture disassembly and reassembly, dorm moving and arrangement, access to affordable moving companies and auto transport. Furthermore, we offer local, long distance, nationwide and international moving services.
Why you should make us your moving partner
Our company was established over twenty years ago, and we have a credible and traceable track record to boot. Moreover, we are fully licensed and insured with professional accreditations such as the American Moving and Storage Association. Additionally, we are a recognized ProMover with great BBB rankings.
Make the smart move
Call us today for all your moving needs by dialing 888-509-3213. Furthermore, you can fill out the form at the top of this page to contact us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.