- Cottage Grove Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why Hire A Moving Company?
- How To Choose A Professional Moving Company
- The Best Moving Practices
- Why Trust A-1 Auto Transport?
- Our Moving Services
- Contact Us Today
Cottage Grove Long Distance Moving Companies
Cottage Grove is a city in Washington County, Minnesota. It is close to Saint Paul, the second largest city in the state. This ensures it gets access to employment in the multiple industries and affordable manufactured goods. Cottage Grove lies on the confluence of Mississippi River and St Croix River. This provides an expansive area for recreational activities like speed boat racing, swimming and diving. The city was once an agricultural community with wheat and cattle production contributing to over 70% of the city’s revenue. It has since diversified to tourism and mid-sized manufacturing. Move to Cottage Grove and ski at the Afton Tops where there are captivating views and some of the highest points in the state. Choose A-1 Auto Transport for smooth moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a moving company?
- The right equipment: Proper moving equipment makes your move swift and smooth. You need trolleys, ramps and a vehicle for a long distance move. Most people lack the skills and finances to buy/hire all the required moving equipment. Moving companies can handle your most sophisticated items using their equipment. They have dollies which carry multiple items and stacked boxes for loading into moving vehicles. The huge trucks can conduct a single trip when moving items from a mansion.
- Affordability: Moving companies are economical compared to self-moves. They factor all hidden costs and unforeseen situations which ensures there are no additional expenses when moving. They also enjoy economies of scale due to handling large volumes. This reduces the cost with a large number of items or long distance.
- Proper inventory: Moving companies create an inventory for all items they handle. They label all the boxes and load them strategically in the vehicle’s carrier. When unpacking and arranging your house, you know where each item is packed and how much space you need. This saves you time you would have wasted trying to locate items.
How to choose a professional moving company
Get recommendations from moving associations. This is the most reliable source of trustworthy moving companies. The American Movers and Storage Association registers reputable movers operating across states and internationally. All movers are thoroughly vetted before registration. They also have to abide by the associations professional code of ethics. If the moving company racks up several complaints and crashes in one year, they are deregistered.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Use the Better Business Bureau to check the type of customer service a company provides. The organization assesses moving companies based on their service delivery and customer support. It’s the most experienced moving companies assessor in the country. It has been operational for the last 100 years and has business profiles for over 6,000 moving companies.
Check how the company prices its moves. The company should charge per weight for state to state moves.
The best moving practices
Understand how seasons and the weight of your items affect moving charges before settling on a moving date and company.
Create a to-do list. It helps your move become more organized and saves time. Break down the moving days into moving tasks. Begin with
- Acquiring free moving supplies from org and asking friends to help.
- Informing the neighbours about your move and reserving a convenient parking spot and elevator use.
- Scoping your new premises in advance; take the measurements of pathways and doorways to ensure your items can fit. Also, learn the rules and make a few friends.
Sort out your items and declutter items you don’t need. Sell or donate them to reduce the moving weight charged. It also increases your hauling efficiency and creates space in your new premises.
Ensure you only move items accounted for in the estimate. Additional items will result in increased charges from the company and weighing stations.
Establish that you have dismantled large furniture and placed packed items in strategic locations before moving day. Being at least 80% prepared reduces the time movers spend in your house which lowers the loading charges.
Make a copy of the movers’ inventory before they leave.
Why trust A-1 Auto Transport?
We have gained a huge market share over the last 25 years due to investing professionally training our personnel and purchasing advanced equipment. This ensures we provide; swift, quality, affordable and guaranteed deliveries with each move.
Our moving services
- Local moves
- International moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Senior moves
- Office moves
- Storage services
Contact us today
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and book your spot. Choose A-1 Auto Transport and live to remember your moving experience. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get access to discounted services and coupons.