Shipping an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) is relatively cost-effective compared to shipping other types of vehicles. The main reason being that they weigh less and take up less space on a transport carrier than a car.
Most 3-wheel and 4-wheel ATVs weigh less than 500 pounds and take up only a fraction of the space of a car, making it slightly cheaper across the board, regardless of where you’re shipping to. Since ATVs come in many different shapes and sizes, the dimensions can play a role in the overall price as well. ATVs can range from 50cc engines to 1,000cc and cover a fairly broad range of vehicles:
- Utility vehicles (UTVs)
- Sport ATVs
- Side-by-side vehicles (SxS)
- Military ATVs
- ATCs (three-wheelers)
- Sport ATVs
Depending on what type of ATV you’re shipping, the cost may be higher or lower than the average shipping costs.
Make sure you understand the applicable ATV laws and regulations in the state you plan on using it. You can find official information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission by clicking here.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
ATV Shipping Costs Based On Distance & Location
In most cases, shipping distance has the biggest effect on the price since it costs more to transport an ATV across the country than it does to ship it to a neighboring state. Paying the driver, fuel costs, transport fees, insurance, and licensing are all factored into these costs, which get cheaper on a per mile basis with longer distances.
Shipping an ATV to another country involves some additional costs that vary based on the destination. In addition to the higher cost of shipping (due to the distance), there are also costs associated with taxes and import duties. In some cases, the taxes can cost as much or more than the cost of shipping the ATV so it’s an important aspect to look into before hiring a shipper.
To give you a more specific idea of the cost of shipping an ATV, we’ve compiled some prices from recent shipments. It’s important to bear in mind that these numbers reflect the price at the time and for the specific type and size of ATV. For a more precise cost estimate, we encourage readers to email us or call the number at the top of the page.
ATV Shipping Costs
- Denver, CO to Orlando, FL – $875
- Richmond, VA to Dallas, TX – $837
- Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles, CA – $1,255
- New York, NY to Seattle, WA – $1,157
- San Francisco, CA to Chicago, IL – $942
- Salt Lake City, UT to Indianapolis, IN – $899
For a more exact cost estimate based on your location, destination, and type of ATV, call us at the number at the top of the page! All estimates are 100% FREE for all interested parties! You can also send us an email requesting a quote through our online contact form at the top right of this page!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory