Container Storage vs. Moving Storage Facilities
Containers are way cheaper than renting an entire moving package. Moreover, they give you flexibility such that you are the one who decides when to move. Also, with container storage, you can store your household items any time you desire. Moving storage facilities, on the other hand, provides you with secure space where you can keep your belongings as you sort out other issues.
How to hire moving storage
- Know the size needed: Decide on the size of the desired storage unit. With an already stressful packing process at the back of your mind, you would like space that is sufficient for your stuff. At the same time, it should not be too big lest you end up paying more than your budget can allow. For books and small boxes, a five-foot square unit would suffice. However, things coming from a one, two or three-bedroomed house require a ten by ten or a ten by twenty-foot storage unit.
- Make your reservation early: Successful transition from one home to the next calls for early preparation. Once you confirm that you are relocating, you should make a reservation. That way, you have an advantage, and you can proceed to pack without waiting for last minute rushes. Moving storage facilities always fit into your plans whether you are decluttering or would like to clean an apartment in preparation for selling it.
- Measure your space: The flexibility of moving storage is such that you can pack and store things you no longer need; at least for now. Whether it is some old electronic gadget, non-fitting shoes or outgrown clothes, moving professionals can accommodate them. To avoid guesswork, stage the storage area at home and measure the occupied space.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
These are the boxes placed on cargo ships. They come in different sizes with the main ones being the 20-foot and 60-foot containers. Smaller variants exist in 8-foot and 16-foot dimensions. With a hardened steel structure, the unit can withstand severe weather. You can also stack these units without them getting damaged. They are ideal for storage of furniture, automobiles, boats and any other household item.
You can rent space in the entire container or use a part of it and ship items across the border or to distant towns. Apart from being ferried via ship, trains and trucks also carry moving containers. Another option is the containers on wheels (COWs) where the unit sits on a structure with small wheels and is drawn by pick-up trucks. Moving firms offer two options for this type:
- Self-loading – where you load and unload
- Labor assistance – where the company handles loading and offloading
Differentiating the two storage facilities is crucial as it helps in determining what to hire and when. Container storage is flexible, and you can use whenever you wish. Moving storage works best during transition from one location to another. Irrespective of the desired option, you need to know what size to choose and book in advance. Measuring the space your consignment will occupy ensures that you only pay for what you utilize.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services