No home should be an island. Unless you plan on totally isolating yourself from the outside world—and that is not advisable—you need an outline for getting connected to the outside world. For many of us, that boils down to getting a phone line, installing cable television, and setting up an Internet connection.
Do You Need a Telephone Land Line?
Modern cellular phone accounts—in addition to Internet-based services like Skype, Google Talk, etc.–now threaten to wipe out the conventional land line entirely, especially in homes. Most businesses still retain landlines, but overall the telephone pole may become a thing of the past. Perhaps you are in a position where eliminating your landline and going exclusively with cell phone service may save you money. If so, then you will save yourself one more monthly bill and installation fees.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cable and Internet
Nowadays, cable companies often provide both cable and internet service in one package. Shopping around for the best balance of price and service can be a difficult task. If possible, do your homework while you still have an Internet and phone connection: before your move. Research the cable and Internet companies that are local to your new home. Call around, research their customer service reputation, and judge accordingly. In some regions, there may be only one cable and/or Internet provider available. If that is the case, then the decision has been made for you. Remember that going with the cheapest price available might not necessarily be the best option: if that cheap Internet provider comes with sketchy service and an unreliable connection, then the joke is on you.
With a little research, getting your phone, cable TV, and Internet setup can be done with hassle at a minimum. Whether or not you choose to consolidate your services—eliminating the land line to focus on cellular service, amalgamating your cable and Internet provider, etc.—the ability to stay connected with family and friends is likely at your fingertips.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?