Before you hastily hire anyone to carry out your relocation, you should conduct some research first and compare the information you learned about each moving company you’re interested in. There are some very important features and traits that a mover should have if they are to help you with your move. Ensuring that they carry these traits will only lessen any risks involved with your relocation.
Start looking for the right mover as soon as possible. It is highly suggested that you begin searching for moving services a few months ahead of time. When you finally start researching movers, use the Internet as your tool. Use your favorite search engine to look up “moving companies near me” and you’ll find that there are many options. The key is to find the movers with outstanding qualities and credentials.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
What to Expect from a Mover
- All movers should be licensed, have a registered US DOT number, and carry all local, state and federal licensing and certifications.
- According to state law, all movers must carry insurance coverage. The state determines the minimum coverage that the mover must provide to its customers. If the amount of protection isn’t enough, most moving companies will let their customers purchase additional coverage.
- Make sure the mover has a longstanding history and an abundance of experience with all types of moves, especially the type of relocation you have in your future.
- A moving company should have all durable, high-quality transport and moving equipment as well as the latest technologies.
- It shouldn’t be hard to find ratings, reviews and testimonials regarding a mover’s services. Websites like Yelp, Consumer Affairs and the BBB are three great resources when you’re looking into a mover’s reputation.
- You should find it easy to get a quote. Usually you can find quick online calculators on the mover’s website. Another way to receive a quote is by phone. Of course, both of these ways to collect estimates aren’t the most accurate but they are based on the company’s current rates and will give you something to compare with the other local moving companies before you decide whom to hire.