Common Mistakes To Avoid When De-Cluttering Your House Before Move
You have made all the necessary arrangements for your move; in fact, the professional mover has the program with the timelines well penned. If you are not careful, you could carry with you one month’s food leftovers just because you were caught unprepared. You will need to take your precious time and put all in order so that you don’t have to rush at the last minute.
There are mistakes that when avoided initially could save you so much and make your move so much easier.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Procrastination and laziness: It’s the last day and the movers are expected at your home first thing in the morning. Yet you have only decluttered one room out of six. You are now running around trying to squeeze a six day job into a few hours. This is how you end up making a mess of your decluttering process. Procrastination is the number one enemy of the moving process. You must stay focused; jot down a schedule and stick to it. If need be, get yourself an accountability partner.
- Lack of a de-cluttering plan: When you have an assignment to accomplish, you need a road map that will take you to your goal. The plan will keep you focused, ensuring you do the necessary while avoiding all distractions. Assign a timeline to every duty and distribute the tasks, and their timelines, to your family. Why bear this pressure on your own while teamwork has proven, since time immemorial, to be the best way to accomplish tasks. Plan, allocate duties and supervise the outcome- it’s enjoyable that way.
- Getting rid of the clutter: Many are the times you don’t need that machine, even that cloth – you have actually set them apart for disposal. However, you are so emotionally attached to it that you want to see it around. Set those papers on fire or to the dustbin; donate what you have that is not necessary, whichever way, don’t let clutter surround you. You need the space.
- Tackling too much at once: The “bull dozer woman” you want to literally overturn everything in one day. You cannot, it is not possible to go through things you have accumulated in more than ten years in a day – that is simply a daydream. You will need sufficient time, the more time you take in doing something, the more you are likely to be perfect at it. Allocate enough time to declutter every room and ensure you follow the schedule to the letter. You will be surprised how much you will accomplish without the back pain.
Do not allow the illusion of doing it all at once take over you. Planning is key in decluttering just as it is in everything else. Avoid the pitfalls that will stress you and lead you to accomplishing less. Do not carry all those items you know you should leave behind. Before you start your relocation, be sure you have decluttered.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services