- Columbus Long Distance Moving Companies
- House Moving Tips
- Why You Should Consider A Professional Moving Company
- Ways To Find The Right Moving Company
- Service Offered
- Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Switch
Columbus Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you're moving across town or out of state, hiring a professional moving company is a step in the right direction. We have branches in over 20 states and can deliver your belongings to whatever destination. Your move to Columbus doesn't have to be stressful; the experts at A-1 Auto Transport will guide you throughout the process. Visit our offices in Mississippi and get details on our best services including vehicle transport.
House moving tips
- Fill holes in your walls using bar soap. Simply rub it over the hole and apply a little paint to make your walls look new. Your house needs to be in perfect condition to avoid penalties from the landlord.
- Connecting electronic devices can be tricky especially if they are many. To make your work easier, take photos of their connection before disconnecting. The pictures will act as references when reconnecting them at your new house.
- Take inventory to keep track of your belongings. The list will help you identify anything that goes missing or any items that get damaged along the way. If your mover takes inventory, ask for a copy for your records.
- Pack strategically starting with the rooms that are not used frequently such as the garage or guest bedroom. Also, pack out-of-season clothes and equipment to create more working space.
- Use high-quality boxes to keep your items safe. Make sure everything fits perfectly and the flaps are not hanging on the sides. Fill any gaps using packing paper or soft clothes before sealing the boxes both on top and the bottom.
Why you should consider a professional moving company
- Expertise: If you have valuable, delicate and expensive items like sculptures, piano or paintings, get professional help. They are specialists and have the skills to take care of such items without breaking anything. They are experienced and will move the items safely to your new home.
- Reliable services: Your friends can offer to help you move fail to show up on the big day. Frustration will set in and you'll be left wondering what to do next. You can avoid this by enlisting the services of professional movers. The movers will even call to remind you of the upcoming event a week in advance. Apart from showing up on time, you can expect your move to be smooth.
- Storage facilities: A move doesn’t always go the way we want it. Unexpected events such as bad weather can cause delays and you'll require a place to keep your items as you wait for it to pass. With a professional moving company, you don’t have to look elsewhere. They have secure facilities to store your items, safely.
- Financial control: Movers provide estimates to customers to help them plan their finances effectively. They will have experts visit your house to evaluate what you own. This will help them calculate your moving quotes more accurately. You will have an idea of how much your move will cost for easy budgeting purposes.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to find the right moving company
Set your priorities right. Don’t look for moving companies based solely on their rates. You need to consider other factors including the following:
- Your mover should be duly registered and licensed by the FMCSA. Interstate movers should have a USDOT Number displayed on their websites and trucks while intrastate movers must have a permit from the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
- Verify if the mover has a physical address. Consider visiting their premises to check out their equipment, trucks and the conduct of their staff. Getting first-hand information will help you make an informed decision.
- Check if your mover has an affiliation with national trade associations. The American Moving and Storage Association ensures members are legitimate, trustworthy, and offer reliable services. AMSA aims at making the moving industry safe for consumers.
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Office relocation
- Furniture relocation
- Storage units
- International moves
- Local moves
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Our company is fully insured which means that your items are covered and you don’t have to worry about their safety. We keep our word and take it upon ourselves to deliver your items on time. We have advanced equipment which makes moving heavy and delicate items simple, fast and effective. With A-1 Auto Transport, you are assured of a seamless move.
Make the switch
Our customer care department is available 24/7 to answer all your questions. Get free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page or call us now on 888-509-3213.