Columbia Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving to a new city or state is like hitting the reset button on your life. It’s a chance to reinvent yourself. You experience new opportunities, explore new culture and get out of your comfort zone. But how do you achieve a stress-free move? Well, the answer is in hiring the best moving company in Illinois. We have been in the business for almost 30 years providing top rated moving services to people around the globe. We provide a wide variety of services including vehicle transport. If you’re moving to or from Columbia, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport.
The best moving tips
- If you have clothes on hangers, cover them using trash bags instead of folding them. Simply make a hole on one end of the bag and slide in the clothes while still in the hangers. When you get to your destination, you’ll just hang up your clothes and remove the bag.
- Use every available space to pack your items. If there are any bins, suitcases, or containers around, put them to use to save some money.
- Keep an inventory of all the items packed in your boxes and number them to make it easy to know what’s missing. You’ll also be able to direct the movers on how you want the boxes loaded and unloaded according to the priority you’ve given to each box.
- If you have many electronic devices, label the plugs so that you can tell exactly where each cord goes when you’re reconnecting them. Unplugging your cords without knowing how to reconnect them will give you headaches.
- The first thing to do when you get to your new home is making your bed. When you get exhausted, you can simply crawl into bed and take a well-deserved nap. If you have kids, have them help out doing small tasks like decorating their rooms to keep them busy.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Use of the right equipment: Professional movers have specialized equipment to move heavy and bulky household items including vehicles. They are trained to use the equipment with ease, and you can be confident that they’ll manage to lift and safely transport items of any size.
- Your items are insured: Professional movers provide insurance to cover your household items. They are responsible for your belongings for the entire journey and will be held liable in case of any damage or loss. Your mind will be at peace knowing that your items are in able hands.
- Time management: When planning a move, you’ll realize that there’s so much to do and less time to achieve your objectives. Professional movers are not only master planners but also experts in their field of work. They are organized and have a well-structured mode of operation to make sure your move is efficient and fast. You’ll have time to manage other things such as finding schools for your kids.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a reliable moving company
When evaluating a moving company, don’t just look at the prices, consider the quality of services and experience as well. Find out how long the moving company has been in operation and give preference to companies that hire full-time employees.
Consider companies certified by the American Moving and Storage Association. AMSA ensures that its members comply with the government regulations and follow a set of strict rules. They carry out annual background checks to eliminate rogue operators.
Confirm if your moving company is registered and licensed by the FMCSA. Interstate movers must have a USDOT Number while intrastate movers should have permits issued by the Illinois Commerce Commission.
A reliable mover should provide you with a ‘Consumer Rights and Responsibilities’ booklet. This is a requirement by law and the booklet is intended to give you useful information of what to expect during a move.
We offer these services
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Storage services
- Packing materials
- Coast to coast moving
- Door to door moving
- Furniture relocation
- International moves
- Cheap Columbia movers
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
We take pride in the accolades and awards bestowed upon us due to excellence in service delivery. We keep upgrading our services to serve you even better. Our mission is to ensure your belongings are handled professionally and delivered on time. At A-1 Auto Transport, we handle every move uniquely. That’s why we have designed moving services to suit the specific needs of every person.
Give us a call on 888-509-3213, and we’ll advise you on the best moving plans available for you. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com