- Columbia Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why You Need A Professional Mover
- How To Find The Best Movers In Columbia
- The Best Tips When Moving To Columbia
- Why Use A-1 Auto Transport?
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Our Moving Services
- Get In Touch Today
Columbia Long Distance Moving Companies
Long distance moves are common across the entire country and most people would rather use professional moving companies for a smooth process. Columbia is the fourth largest city in Missouri and the county seat of Boone County. It’s the fastest growing city in the Midwest states due to well-developed infrastructure and a togetherness spirit among the 130,000 residents. Columbia hosts the University of Missouri, the largest university in the state. The city is also surrounded by hundreds of acres under natural landscapes. The Missouri River, Rock Bridge Memorial State Park and Big Muddy National Fish and Wildlife Refuge Area have prime watersports, caves and extreme adventure sites. Move to Columbia and hire A-1 Auto Transport for stress free moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a professional mover
- Different types of items: Professional moving companies are formed to handle any type of items. This includes valuables, bulky items or a large number of items. Movers can handle heirlooms with the same efficiency they handle electronics. They have proper training and equipment to protect all your items. In case accidents occur, the items have insurance cover.
- Relieve stress: Moving is ranked one of life’s most stressful stages. Dealing with hundreds of items and working for long hours is exhausting. If accidents such as breakages or delays occur, they can lead to very stressful conditions. Moving companies know how to deal with the stress. They have adequate moving resources to work safely and swiftly. They have conducted thousands of moves and know how to counter stressful situations.
- Packing: Packing accounts for 40% of all moving expenses. It takes a lot of time and affects subsequent moving processes. It needs to be handled by a professional. Moving companies such as A-1 Auto Transport can pack your items professionally for the long haul.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best movers in Columbia
Use the American Movers and Storage Association’s catalogue which contains over 3,500 moving companies. They register movers with the best services and ensure they maintain their consistency. All members are guided by a code of ethics that requires them to be fair, honest and professional.
Use the Missouri Movers Association for movers operating within the state of Missouri. The association regulates the conduct of its members and educates the public about the moving industry. It’s recommended to hire a registered member so as to use the association as a mediator in case of disagreements.
Verify the company’s licenses and insurance at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The body is mandated by the United States Department of Transport to regulate moving, warehousing and transport companies in the country. They aim to reduce accidents on the roads and protect consumers against rogue movers. Use the Missouri Department of Transport to verify local moving companies.
Ask for quotations from several movers and make a comparison. Ensure the quotation includes all items including unforeseen circumstances. Do not be fooled by low quotations as a sign of cheap services. The company can hide extra costs which come into play after signing the contract.
The best tips when moving to Columbia
- Hire a steadfast mover for long distance moves. Schedule your move during the winter and autumn seasons to get better rates and swift deliveries.
- Create a moving plan. Determine how much you want to spend and how long the move should take. Assign tasks over a 2-3 month period to ensure you are fully prepared.
- Some items we own are no longer useful and only increase the moving weight charged. You can donate them and use the receipts to claim tax deductions. Alternatively, sell them on Craigslist or eBay.
- Establish the house you are moving into has all utilities installed. Liaise with the previous tenant to switch utilities two weeks before moving in.
- Pack an emergency bag with essentials and personal items. It comes in handy when recovering the day after moving.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
Our solid relationship with our customers is based on trust and reliability. We have provided consistent and quality services to all customers for the last 25 years. Check out our 5-star ratings and positive reviews from review websites and our customer testimonials page.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Apartment relocations
- Piano moves
- Local moves
- Pool table moves
- Corporate relocations
- Office moves
- Storage services
- Military moves
Get in touch today
Call us on 1-888-241-3110 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get a free in-house estimate.