Columbia Heights long Distance Moving Companies
Everyone has their own reasons to relocate but one fact remains; you need a professional moving company to make your move flawless. You don’t have to spend sleepless nights planning your move to or from Columbia Heights, partner with us and relax as the professionals get to work. Visit our offices in Minnesota and we are ready to help. We offer vehicle transport among other services.
Top 5 tips for a stress-free move
- Unplug your electrical appliances and clean them thoroughly 48 hours before moving day. This will give them enough time to dry and avoid growth of mildew. The refrigerator doors should be left open until moving day to allow free circulation of air.
- Reduce the clutter in your home by disposing of things you don’t need. If you still have clothes in good condition you may opt to make a donation to charity homes within your locality. Moving with fewer items reduces your load and consequently your moving cost.
- When packing, avoid overloading the boxes. Keep the maximum weight below 20kgs to make it easy to move the boxes around. Use the small boxes to pack heavy items and the larger boxes to pack light items such as bedsheets.
- Flammables and other hazardous materials cannot be moved, therefore, find a safe way to dispose of them.
- Book your moving date at least 4 weeks in advance to secure a spot in their busy schedule. Make sure you have everything in writing and confirm that your date is reserved. Note that the last and first weeks of the months are busy, so pick your date wisely.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Accountability. A professional moving company is liable for your move and will do their best to deliver your belongings safely. The government requires movers to provide a basic insurance cover of up to $0.60 per pound per item. If you're moving expensive stuff, purchasing additional cover is wise.
- Fast and efficient. When you hire a moving company, you're given a date within which your move should be completed. The movers work fast and efficiently and will have your items at your doorstep before the deadline. Their packing techniques make them the best in what they do and they have backup plans in case of unexpected twists.
- Reliability. As much as your friends might be willing to help you move, they have other family obligations that they also have to attend to. This may cause inconveniences and lead you to postpone your move. Save yourself the trouble by hiring a professional moving company. They are committed to making your move successful and won't let anything deter that.
- Peace of mind. The whole process of planning a move can leave you frustrated and exhausted. No one is better at handling the logistics than a professional moving company. They know the safest routes to use, have the necessary equipment and the most competent crew. They ensure your move runs smoothly.
Tips to find a trustworthy moving company
Look for movers in your locality. You can start by asking around or checking reputable sites like Yelp or Angie’s List. Contact a few movers and visit their facilities to check out if they are equipped to perform a move efficiently. Talk to their staff and ask as many questions as possible to find out if they are knowledgeable.
Movers are required to issue consumers a copy of ‘Your Rights and Responsibilities’ booklet. If your mover doesn’t provide this important guide, don’t hire them. You need to know what to expect during a move and this booklet is very informative.
Is your mover licensed? Movers with valid licenses are easy to track if they disappear with your items since their data can easily be retrieved from the FMCSA website. Local movers should have a license from Minnesota Department of Transportation while interstate movers must have a USDOT Number.
- Storage options
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Specialized and bulky moving
- Residential moves
- Commercial moves
Why hire us?
With branches in over 20 states, you can rest assured that your items will get to you, no matter your destination. We offer top-notch moving services to clients both domestically and internationally. Take a back seat and let the professionals at A-1 Auto Transport handle your move professionally.
Get in touch
For bookings, complaints or compliments, don’t hesitate to call our customer support team on 888-509-3213. Get free instant moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.