College Park Long Distance Moving Companies
If you’ve planned a move to or from College Park, A-1 Auto Transport, Maryland, is here to guide you every step of the way. We have branches in over 20 states making sure you're covered whatever your destination. We offer unique moving services including vehicle transport.
Top moving tips
- Avoid moving during the weekends. Most moving companies are busy, and the rates are usually high. Pick a date that falls in the middle of the week or month.
- Clean your items as you pack. Wipe off dust from your furniture and clean your electrical appliances to avoid transferring dirt and bugs into your new home. If you're moving your fridge, defrost it at least 24 hours before moving and wipe it dry to prevent the growth of mildew.
- Gather sufficient packing supplies before you start packing. Get boxes of different sizes, high quality sealing tape and bubble wrap. There's nothing worse than stopping halfway to purchase more supplies.
- Use a Ziploc bag to keep all the screws and bolts from dismantled furniture. Tape the bags to the pieces of furniture they belong to make it easier when reassembling them. You can also label the plastic bags for easy identification.
- Get friends to help out with the packing. Designate each person to a specific task if you want the job done efficiently. Packing takes time to complete and having a little help will go a long way in reducing the workload.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Insurance: When you hire a professional moving company, you're advised on the best insurance option to choose. The movers are responsible for your move and will make sure your items arrive at your doorstep in perfect conditions. Most movers are insured which means your belongings are protected.
- Moving estimates: For a more accurate estimate, professional movers send their representatives for an in-house survey. This ensures you don’t overspend on your move since there will be no extra charges. You either pay hourly if it’s a local move or a fixed bill if it’s a long distance move.
- Experience: When it comes to moving, experience matters a lot. The longer a company has been in operation, the better their services. A-1 Auto Transport has moved thousands of people for over 25 years now and we have confidence that we can deliver outstanding moving services than any other company. You want your items to be handled professionally, and we are the best in the industry.
- Friendly customer service: With a professional moving company, your move will be enjoyable and full of adventure. Besides packing, loading and unloading your items, the movers are friendly and will give you tips and tricks to make your move easy. You can talk to them, and if you need any assistance, just ask.
How to find a trustworthy mover
Do your research before hiring a moving company. Ask the right questions to gauge the level of professionalism of the movers and if they are up to the tasks ahead. Find if they cover the area you're relocating to and the type of services they offer. Only hire a moving company that you feel comfortable working with.
Protect yourself from falling prey to rogue operators by hiring a ProMover member. To be certified, a company has to undergo a strict background check to ensure they are legitimate. Visit the American Moving and Storage Association and type your destination and the size of your move to pick a mover from a list of approved movers.
Check if your moving company is operating legally. Verify their credentials with the FMCSA and make sure they have a USDOT Number displayed on their trucks. You can also find a company’s history in the FMCSA database. Avoid companies with multiple complaints since it shows lack of commitment and trust.
We offer these services
- Storage options
- Packing materials
- Vehicle transport
- Furniture relocation
- International moves
- Door to door moving
- Coast to coast moving
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
We believe in building and maintaining strong relationships with our clients. We offer services that accommodate your needs so that you can settle fast. If you have any issues with the move, our experts will dive right in and help you out. With A-1 Auto Transport, you can rest assured that your items will be handled with care and promptly delivered to your new home.
Make the switch
Contact our friendly customer representatives on 888-509-3213 and make your reservation today. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org