Clearlake Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving is as exciting as it is overwhelming. While there are a lot of new experiences to look forward to, it also demands a lot of time and effort. It’s not easy to cut ties with a place you have known for so long. Not to mention the burden of packing, unloading and transporting all your belongings.
Tips to make your move easier
- Begin early: Start your packing days before the moving day. Start with the items you don’t use often and finish with the essentials. Packing early will result in neatly packed boxes, which will make it easy to unpack.
- Weight of boxes: While packing the valuables, pack according to their capacity. Don’t over pack or under pack. Over packing may cause the boxes to come apart. On the flipside, under packing may result in the boxes being crushed under the weight of heavier boxes stacked on top. While stacking the boxes, remember that the heavy ones are placed at the bottom, with the lighter ones on top. Be sure to create an aisle to provide you with easy access to all boxes in the storage unit.
- Label everything: When you dismantle furniture (a bed or a table), put (easy-to-remove) masking tape on strategic areas to indicate which part goes where. Before putting items in a box, make a list and assign each to their respective box. Make labels for each box and attach them to all sides of the box. When making your list, include the estimated replacement value of each, particularly if you want to have them insured. If there are breakables, place ‘fragile’ stickers on the box.
- Prevent leakages: Remove batteries from all toys and equipment. This will prevent damage caused by leaking batteries. Ensure you tightly cap all bottles with a plastic wrap.
- Turn in the keys: When you’re leaving the old house, be sure that the area is secured and the keys turned over to the individual concerned.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
Professional moving companies are experts in their trade. They have the manpower, equipment and expertise to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. Here is why:
- Free estimates: Movers offer free quotes in advance. This will allow you to budget in advance on how much your move will cost.
- They are experts in packing: Movers use premium packing materials that ensure your belongings will be protected from damage. They are also able to pack in a way that will maximize on space.
- Insurance cover: A comprehensive insurance cover will give you peace of mind. In the event of loss or damage, they will bear the liability.
How to find the best moving company
Not all movers in Clearlake can execute a successful move. Here are other factors to consider:
- Seek reliable references: Ask your friends, business partners or other people who might have sought the help of these relocation companies recently. Be careful not to hire a broker.
- Insurance: Check if the company gives a Certificate of Insurance on its corporate insurance policy. The foremost objective is to get valuable protection against any property damage and/or workers’ compensation claims. Don’t go for a firm that hesitates in doing so.
- Cost: Cost should be considered top priority. In general, Clearlake movers work either on hourly rates or net cost. Do a thorough comparison of both the options before making any final decision. However, it is better to go for net cost basis especially if you have too many items to move.
Our moving services
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- State to State and Cross Country Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moving
- Heavy Furniture- Example: Pool Table and Piano Moving
- Door to Door Moving
- International Relocations
- Full-Service Packing and Unpacking
- Moving Storage Solutions
- Packaging Materials and Solutions
- Military and Student Moving
- Office Relocations
- Apartment and Studio Relocations
- Vehicle Relocations
- Cheap Clearlake movers
- Same day moves
Why A-1 auto transport?
We are professionals with the expertise to handle both big and small moves. We have served both individual and corporation customers who were happy with our service. This is evidenced by the very many positive testimonials we have received.
Talk to us!
If you are planning a move to or from Clearlake, kindly contact our experts on our toll-free line 888-509-3213. Don’t forget to get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.