How to Clean Up Your Trash After Moving?
Messiness. That is probably one of the first words that come to mind when you think about making a move. The bad news is that moving will produce a lot of trash. Trash that you will need to clean up or otherwise dispose of. However, there is some good news in the sense that you do have a number of options for handling such items.
Recycle If Possible
Obviously, recycling your trash is the best option for the planet and the one that is the most responsible. Just remember that your new town or city will likely have a schedule for picking up recycling. This research can most likely be done on the internet ahead of time. Generally speaking, you will probably need to separate items into:
- Paper: This is pretty self-explanatory and can include everything from cardboard to boxes to newspaper and even packing paper.
- Plastic: Just about anything plastic should be recycled rather than thrown away. Even the used up bubble wrap (provided it can't be reused) along with bottles, shipping cartons or carriers, and even shrink wrap should be placed into your recycling bin.
- Glass / Cans: This may not be as common as the other items on the list, but be sure to separate out any aluminum (i.e. soda) cans and glass bottles or other items like broken mirrors or windows.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Using Your Trash
Instead of just throwing everything away, consider ways in which they can reuse or used in another beneficial manner. Think about the following:
- Gardening Compost Material: Maybe you have been thinking about a way to start a garden, or there already is one in the new home. Your trash, for the most part, could make amazing compost that will feed a strong and healthy garden. Almost any type of food byproduct may be reasonably used including egg shells, popcorn, fruit and vegetable peels, coffee grounds, and more.
- Repurpose Trash: Instead of just tossing old boxes, why not think about using them for storage? They would be perfect for papers, old documents, textbooks, and other items that won't be used on a daily basis. Plus, it will make your home feel much less cluttered.
Trash Removal Companies
In some cases, there really might be items that you just simply have no use for. This may even include things left by the old owners in the new home. Maybe there is some old carpet or wallpaper that simply doesn't fit in anymore?
In such cases, you might be best served by contacting a trash removal company. Obviously, this would assume that the item cannot be sold or even given away, which should always be among your initial options. Just make sure to hire a reliable company and have the item on the curb at the appointed time.