Clayton Long Distance Moving Companies
Clayton is a city in Johnston County, North Carolina. It has a serene environment due to the presence of numerous parks and tributaries. The city is close to the Research Triangle which is known for being a research center of three major universities in North Carolina. This has also resulted in an economic boom due to demand of housing, technology and restaurants. If you wish to make your move stress-free, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We also handle vehicle relocations.
Why hire a moving company?
- Safety: Moving companies have the skills to ensure safety of your household goods when moving. They are trained on proper safety techniques such as the use of bubble wrap or anti-static peanut on delicate items. They also use the right moving equipment to safely load stacked boxes and heavy goods. In the vehicles, household goods are strapped on the sides to prevent movement that could cause damage.
- Large numbers of household items: Moving multiple items is not only expensive, but also stressful. Hiring a mover if this is the case is the wiser move. They have the resources required to safely move your multiple items, employ sufficient labor and have large trucks that move household goods from large families in a single trip.
- Additional services: Moving companies have developed over time to include extra services in their catalogues. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport now provide packing to unpacking and house arrangement services, pet transport and storage services. You do not have to source for different services from several companies/individuals. Sourcing all the services from one company means a discounted rate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Select the best mover in Clayton
You can ask for suggestions from friends, coworkers or family members who have moved in the past. A reliable company might have dealt with someone in your vicinity. Their information is also more trustworthy.
The American Movers and Storage Association is the best place to find moving companies in the country and within North Carolina. The association has over 70% of all moving companies in the country. The members are rigorously scrutinized before being registered. Use the Promover logo to identify members.
- A reliable safety rating higher than the national average.
- A permanent physical address.
- Zero pending violations.
- A valid household goods moving license.
- Basic insurance.
Get to know how the company handles their customers before and after the move. Check customer reviews from sites which have been verified by certification authorities such as VeriSign. Some company sites are known to generate fake reviews to increase their rating in the moving industry. At A-1 Auto Transport, we have verified reviews on our customer testimonials page.
- Companies that are hasty in asking for money. No company should ask for a deposit exceeding 20% of the moving cost.
- Companies listed on moving scams.
- Companies with name changes.
Tips for an easy move to Clayton
- Understand the type of move you require. A long distance move requires prior preparation and adequate resources.
- If you want to make your move affordable, get free corugated boxes from local stores. You can also call friends to help with your packing process.
- Get rid of household goods you no longer need. You should only move with items you wil need in the new house. This ensures the moving charges are reduced and your items are hauled more efficiently.
- Activities such as changing your address and signing a new lease agreement should be handled a month beforehand.
- On moving day, ensure you are 80% ready. The more time the company spends at your premises, the higher the charge.
- Make a copy of the mover’s inventory.
- Provide the personnel with refreshments and tip them fairly.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have 5-star ratings from our customers due to the high quality of our services. Also, to reduce the cost of our services we have mechanized our operations and employed professionals to handle all the moving processes.
Our moving services
- Storage services
- Corporate relocations
- Packing and unpacking
- Small moves
- Office moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Pet transport
- Vehicle shipping
- Military moves
- Vacation moves
Make the switch
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.