Chicopee Long Distance Moving Companies
If you're looking for a safe and comfortable way to move house, hire A-1 Auto Transport today. We offer top-notch moving services guaranteed to help you transition with ease. Don’t let your move to Chicopee dampen your spirits. Visit our offices in Massachusetts and let the professionals do what they do best. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to move house with ease
- Take time to plan your move and create a flexible schedule to accomplish all the tasks on your list before moving day. Starting the process early gives you sufficient time to work at your own pace and stay focused.
- Find a file or small box to pack relevant documents like birth certificates, receipts, your will and passports. Most of these documents are irreplaceable, and you don't want to lose them during the move.
- There are items your mover won't move. Request for a list to guide you when packing to avoid packing these items. Things like acids, gasoline, aerosol sprays, guns, and ammunition pose a public safety risk, and you'll need to look for alternative means to transport them.
- Look for a reliable moving company to hire. Movers are trained to handle a move professionally and deliver your items safely. Do your research before settling on a mover you're sure will provide excellent services.
- If you have young kids, it’s wise to find someone to take care of them on moving day. There will be a lot going on with the movers moving up and down loading and unloading your stuff. This makes it unsafe for your kids.
Why you should consider a professional moving company
Movers have the right equipment
Imagine carrying a heavy sofa or your refrigerator down a flight of stairs. You risk injuring yourself and breaking the items as well. However, professional movers have the appropriate equipment to lift and carry your items easily. They use hoisting straps, dollies, and blankets to help move your belongings fast and efficiently.
Your items are insured
Professional movers offer various insurance options to cover your belongings against damages or loss. Most movers offer a base rate limited to $0.60 per pound per item which means you'll be reimbursed only up to 60 cents of the actual cost of your item. It's therefore advisable to inquire the different policies the movers offer and purchase additional insurance.
Most people underestimate moving costs when moving on their own due to lack of know-how. They fail to consider all the costs only to be surprised later during the move. This is not the case with professional movers. Their charges are either hourly or fixed depending on the distance of your move. Plus, you only pay when your items are delivered to your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a trustworthy mover
Get a written estimate from the mover you intend to hire. Remember estimates over the phone are inaccurate and non-binding. A reputable mover sends experts to inspect your household items to give you the most accurate quote. Read the fine print before signing any contract to make sure there are no hidden costs.
Check the company’s history by visiting the Better Business Bureau website. Search for your moving company in their database to get information about their conduct and if there are any complaints filed against it. Also, check out Yelp and Angie’s List to find out what people are saying about your moving company before making a final decision.
Only hire a mover who provides you a copy of ‘Consumer Rights and Responsibilities’ booklet. This booklet provides detailed information on what to expect from your moving company and is a requirement by law. Any company that doesn’t offer this booklet should not be considered.
We handle the following services
- Military relocation
- Coast to coast moving
- Vehicle transport
- Corporate moving
- Interstate moving
- Furniture relocation
- Full-service pack
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When it comes to moving, you want your items handled by experts in the field. A-1 Auto Transport has over 25 years’ experience in the industry, and you can be confident that your items will be in safe hands. We vet our employees to ensure we only hire competent and hardworking team members. With us, you’ll have a great moving experience and start life in Chicopee on a high note.
Get in touch
Call us now on 888-509-3213 to book your moving date. Our friendly customer representatives are available 24/7 to solve any issues you may have. Get free moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.