Cheapest Way to Move out of State
The foremost concern of most people looking to hire movers for an out of state relocation is the cost. What they don’t realize is that it is actually more cost effective to hire professionals. Moving services are also quite affordable.
Nevertheless, if you’re looking for ways to lessen the final cost of moving services, there are some things you can do…
- Compare moving companies in your area. Go online and check out some of their websites. Check out their services and their rates. Once you do some comparisons, contact the movers that appeal to you. Give them a call and gather a few quotes. Find the most reliable yet most affordable rates.
- Although it is extremely helpful to purchase optional services such as full packing and storage solutions, it’ll ease the final cost of your moving services.
- Go through your things and get rid of whatever isn’t necessary to move out of state with you. Get rid of anything broken or unused. You can hold a garage sale, donate items or even throw them away. The less weight you have, the less the total cost of your moving services are.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- Pack your own belongings. You will have to pack all of your home’s possessions according to the moving company’s preference. If you don’t pack properly, the movers will need to repack the items and they will charge you an additional fee. To help fill the inside of the boxes and keep your things secure, you can use things like linens, newspaper and Styrofoam.
- Make sure the moving company offers insurance coverage. State laws require that a mover provide at least the minimum amount of protection. This is usually about $0.60 per pound. The more insurance they offer, the better. Having insurance is especially important during a cross country move.
- Ask the moving company if they offer discounts or have any current promotions you might qualify for. Moving during the colder weather months usually cuts costs of services. Many movers offer military, student and senior discounts too.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.