- Yuma Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Cost Of Moving
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
Yuma Cheap Movers Near Me
When sifting through moving companies, outstanding, professional service is paramount in finding the right mover for you. The moving landscape is vast with small businesses to large international organizations competing for your business. Deciding on a company to handle your move should involve some time and research. The best price isn’t always the best option, as there is a lot of information to discern with movers in and around Yuma, AZ. By seeking out the right resources and avenues of help, you’ll be well on your way to an efficient and worry free move.
Hiring Professional Movers
The reasons in which people hire trained moving companies are numerous. For starters, they have the ability to do every piece of work involved on moving day. From hand packing your items and hauling them to the trucks. To transporting them to your new location and unpacking each and every room. The amount of convenience and time a quality mover affords a customer is worth the price alone. In addition, much of a mover’s expense, is an expense you would pay had you facilitated your move on your own. And that’s neglecting their professionals driving modern trucks, using proper transport equipment and obligatory insurance.
Before deciding on a particular mover, there are some steps you should take in order to find the right mover for your relocation.
- Check and confirm your mover’s USDOT number at the FMCSA’s website if they transport items across state lines. The FMCSA site will have access to information that open social platform review sites may not.
- Ask about the mover’s included insurance policy and check to see if it’s up to date. Don’t hesitate in visiting the company’s business address to accomplish this.
- Look to online platforms for customers and public perceptions of potential moving companies. Sites such as Google, Facebook, Better Business Bureau and Yelp are good places to start.
- Check to see if your prospective movers are thorough during your in home estimate. Ask if any deposits are necessary, for any deposit over 20% is generally too much.
- Inquire if your movers are willing to work with a binding or a not to exceed quote. These estimates guarantee you a price point and give you additional budget information to work around.
- Gather quotes from a variety of movers. If you have a few that you think or up to the task, compare their competitors quotes and see if they’d be willing to work down their price.
The Cost of Moving
One of the most overlooked aspects of hiring a mover is that many of the expenses you end up paying for in a mover, you would end up having to pay yourself to different vendors in the process. Many of those expenses are cheaper through your mover such as the use of a fuel efficient truck or the included insurance and hauling equipment they’ll be using. So you get the added convenience of having your entire moving expense itemized on a single bill, which is quite useful when it comes to figuring out your deductions during tax time.
Some folks don’t require a mover’s full service moving option and this can be for a multitude of reasons, one of which is to save extra money. Much of the money that can be saved is related to the amount of work one wants to put in beforehand. The general rule of thumb is to schedule your movers at least 2 months in advance. This will give you a window of opportunity to get the started on some money saving ideas including:
- Selling your unused items online or donating them to charity
- Gathering cardboard boxes from local stores in your area
- Finding cheap adhesive tapes at your local dollar store
- Using linens such as washcloths and towels to line your boxes
- Inquiring as to ongoing promotions and discounts
- Moving during the non-peak times of the year including winter and weekdays
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 is equipped to handle any move big, small, local, national or international. With over 30 years of industry experience, we are proud to offer an extensive service list including:
- All kinds of residential, commercial and industrial relocations
- Full service moves
- Partial service moves
- Packaging services
- Packing supplies
- Specialty moves
- Auto transport
- Heavy equipment and large item moves
- Insurance options
- Satellite tracking
- And much more!
Preparing for a Move
Much of the moving experience can come across as overwhelming and that’s before moving day itself! The ease and success of moving day depends on the work you do leading up to it. One of the first things you should do is create a plan, for no matter how many times we move, we can always find something we wish we could have done differently. Creating a plan will also ease the stress and fatigue you’re bound to experience along the way. Within your plan, it’s advisable to create a timeline leading up to moving day. Give yourself task goals and to do dates to stay on track and to keep the process interesting.
If you decided to pack everything yourself, start by packing your least used room first and keep a running inventory list of your packaged items. After you’ve completed packing a room check and see if there are any minor repairs you have been meaning to tend to before cleaning it. If you have employed the help of movers, be sure your boxes are packaged up to your mover’s specifications. This is important because movers may refuse to transport improperly boxed items.
When moving day approaches, it’s good for all parties involved to have your house ready to be moved. This means removing clutter from the hallways and walkways, having ample parking space for your movers and having the kids being watched by a sitter or a friend during this busy time. Have your inventory list on hand to compare with your movers to make sure you’re on the same page. Don’t hesitate to get their cell phone number before taking off as well for communication is usually a good thing.