Yucca Valley, California Most Trusted Moving Companies
Shifting to a new place is one of the least exciting activities to do. After making the decision to move and identifying your new home and where your children will go to school, the next step is to determine one of the top Yucca Valley, California cheap moving companies. Whereas hiring a professional mover will ensure that you are stress-free, selecting the wrong company can make your moving process dreadful. How can you ensure that this does not happen to you during your relocation? Here are a few factors to consider.
How to Choose the Right Moving Company
- License: A license certificate is a critical aspect when hiring a moving company. Different movers have varied permits and other legal requirements depending on whether they offer cross-country Interstate or local moving services. An interstate moving service provider ought to have a federal government license and a DOT number. Search online whether the licenses are valid. For short distance moving companies, contact the state moving association to confirm if the moving company is licensed.
- Services Rendered: If you are moving to a new house within your state, it is best that you hire a local mover. Conduct your research process well to avoid challenges and losses. A local moving company can solve most of your problems because they understand common issues experienced in the area. Pick a mover that specializes in the kind of services that you are interested in.
- Do Your Homework: In addition to going through the movers' websites, check government and independent sources to confirm the credentials. A majority of moving companies write on their websites that they have the right license, but that may not be true. You will realize that many moving companies are not listed in the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Visit the social media pages of your prospective movers and determine whether they respond to their customer's queries. Search for complaints on the Internet and see how the professionals solved the issues. Remember that all service providers have unsatisfied customers, nonetheless, consider the average and make your decision.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Ask For a Quote: Ensure that you request for estimates from two or three movers to increase your chances of finding the best company for you. The estimates should have a list of all your household goods that you want to be moved. It is recommended that you insist on a written estimate that details all the costs. Avoid verbal quotes as they may not be permissible in court in case of a dispute.
- Ask a Lot of Questions: Once you confirm that your potential moving companies are licensed and insured, go ahead and conduct further research. Ask about the experience level of the different movers and their specialty, whether their employees are temporary or permanent and if there is any dispute policy. Ensure that you get all the answers that you want from the mover. Avoid the professionals that will make you feel like you are bothering them with your questions since that shows that they do not value their customers.
Additional Steps to Guarantee the Safety of Your Items
- Insurance: It is essential that you understand the kind of insurance policy that you want for your moving process. Also, you can decide to purchase your insurance coverage or simply rely on the policy of your mover. Confirming that your goods are insured gives you peace of mind knowing that in case of a misfortune, you will receive a reimbursement to cover all your losses.
- Packing: Ensure that you pack your items well to reduce the likelihood of damage and breakage. Separate fragile items to allow your moving company to give them more attention.
- File a Claim on Time: If anything breaks, you ought to file a claim immediately with the insurer. In most cases, you will be allowed a nine-month period to file your complaint.
Do want until the last day. Contact us and make inquiries. We are proud to service the Yucca Valley, California residents with our employees who are courteous and professional and ready to answer all your questions. We offer the best services to meet all your moving requirements from packing, unpacking and heavy lifting.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.