- Winslow Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Cost Of Moving
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
Winslow Cheap Movers Near Me
Whether you’re trying to accommodate a growing family or have found a perfect location for your new business, there will come a time when moving isn’t only a priority, it’s a necessity. We understand that moving is a milestone mark in life and at A1, we take it as seriously as you do. Over the years we have developed an entire suite of moving services to assist you in any leg of the journey to or from Winslow, AZ. With the many options available for packing and moving services, we understand the decision can be a difficult one, but it doesn’t have to be.
Hiring Professional Movers
When looking to employ the work of a local moving service, there are some key attributes you will want to be mindful of when deciding between movers. The first of which is to make sure they are properly licensed and insured. Every state has their own requirements as far as licensing and insurance goes, but if your mover transports across state lines then they are required to have a USDOT number given out by the Department of Transportation. They should also be willing to discuss the limits of their insurance and give information concerning additional coverage if you were to be interested.
A reputable mover should have a positive online sentiment before you consider doing business with them for it provides feedback as to the typical customer experience. Your movers should not require a large deposit of over 20% and should be willing to do a thorough in home estimate, detailing each room and the associated cost. Be sure to ask about binding quotes for it’ll ensure the estimated price will be the exact, or very close to your final cost. In these instances your mover will give a more precise estimate, and there won’t be any risk of increased costs during the middle of your move.
A moving service provides a myriad of benefits that aren’t always obvious at first consideration. To begin, they are trained on every aspect of moving day. This includes packaging, hauling, transporting, and the loading and unloading of your items. They come equipped with the proper equipment to navigate your items through your home safely and are physically conditioned to take on the labor of the move so you don’t have to. The peace of mind in knowing your items are being transported in safe hands is truly remarkable.
The Cost of Moving
When considering the convenience a mover provides, it’s no surprise that they provide tremendous value for their customers. A lot of your moving expenses are fixed, meaning that you’ll have to pay for them whether or not you hire a mover. The difference is upon hiring a mover, every aspect of your expense is facilitated by a professional who works quickly and efficiently. They also save you time by negating the need to make multiple trips. And in case of any unfortunate events transpiring, the standard insurance your mover provides could prove invaluable.
If you’re looking to save even more money and have the time to do it, then the following is right up your alley.
- Consider shipping your books, cds and dvds ahead of time using the USPS’s media mail service. The post office offers deep discounts to send media through the mail and oftentimes it’s cheaper than having your movers do it, especially if it’s a large collection.
- Price match different movers and present to them their competitors estimates. Chances are a company will give you a percent savings if you agree to give them your business.
- Ask about tiered services and only pay for what you need.
- Packaging your own items is a great way to save money. Just be sure you are packing boxes up to your mover’s specifications or they may not transport them.
- Acquire cardboard from any local grocery or department store as opposed to buying boxes. Be sure they are in good condition and can hold weight.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A moving company is expected to have their customer’s best interests in mind, for they are handling their worldly possessions. At A1, we do have your best interest in mind and that may mean that your best option isn’t to work with us. In any case, we welcome a phone call to figure out your moving needs as we have professionals standing by ready to take your call. Our services include:
- House, apartment, condo and dorm moves
- Office and warehouse moves
- Industrial moves including inventory relocations and coordinated moving plans
- Local, state to state, coast to coasts and international moves
- Professional and speciality moves
- Storage, recycling and delivery service
- Packaging solutions
- Packing supplies
- Full service moving options
Preparing for a Move
All too often folks aren’t ready when moving day approaches. You’ll find people still packaging items and vacuuming floors, which ultimately costs them money when movers are on the clock ready to get started. One of the best ways to thwart a scenario like this is to pack a little each day in the months leading up to your move. Start with your least used room in the house and make your way forward. Be sure to keep an inventory of the items your packaging for your movers will do similar, and it’ll be good to compare in case of a discrepancy.
We recommend folks to assemble a checklist for each week leading up to their move date. You may consider using a notebook so you can jot down ideas, do some impromptu budgeting or just make sure you have time to do all that you want and need to prior to moving. Some examples of tasks to include are:
- Transfer utilities
- Register kids for schools
- Host a garage sale
- Finish small repairs
- Update address with the license bureau
Another good idea is to create a first night bag of items you’ll want for your first night in your new place. Some things you’ll just want immediately accessible in your new location and a first night bag can alleviate the frustration of searching for those items. Some typical items to include in your bag are chargers, snacks, pillows, blankets, toiletries, paper plates/utensils and a flashlight.