Cheap Movers in Wetumpka
Given the frequency in which people have to move nowadays, one might think that it has become second nature to most. Ironically, it has been classified as one of the most stressful time periods in a person’s life, and it makes sense. Transplanting to a new location takes some time getting used to, for the familiarity isn’t the same as where you left. Modern moving companies are aware of this and the most reputable ones offer a wide array of services to folks moving around Wetumpka, AL.
Why You Should Hire Professional Movers
The decision as to whether or not to hire professional movers is entirely up to you. The scope and size of your move may not require the services of a company or you may be the type that wants to handle as much of the process as possible. And it’s with good reason that moving companies offer varying levels of service in order to garner as much business as possible. This works well for you as the consumer because they are better able to cater to a host of different needs that their customers demand of them.
There are some very basic qualities that should be universal amongst any mover. For example, all movers are required to have some sort of insurance for their customers. Also, any mover that travels across state lines is required to have a USDOT number. Your mover should be local, have years of experience and a very positive online presence. They should also offer binding and/or not to exceed estimates for their services, so you’ll know your moving cost ahead of time.
Benefits of Hiring a Mover
Hiring a moving service provides many benefits, much of which is obvious and some of which is not. For starters, whether you have movers do a little or a lot of your move, the peace of mind they deliver is outstanding. Knowing that your items are being packaged by professionals, carried with the right equipment, transported in modern, gas saving trucks, placed properly in your new location all while being insured is such a relieving experience. You also get to spare your body of the rigors of heavy lifting and the white knuckle driving of transporting all your items yourself.
The Cost of Moving
Beyond the peace of mind and physical toll savings that a professional mover provides, they also save you a bit more money that you might expect. Having each facet of your moving expense on a single bill drives the price down while being presented in a clean format for you. This is in addition to the included insurance and safekeeping of your items during transport. The value in some ways is incalculable. There are methods to keep the price down on your own end including:
- Having your items packed before the movers arrive will save you on paying extra hours for labor. More often than not, customers wait to pack their items until moving day adding extra billable time to the overall cost.
- People who have moved recently are oftentimes looking to get rid of their boxes. Look to online postings or your local grocery stores when seeking out free boxes.
- Comparison shopping different movers can drive your price down. By acquiring in home estimates (and preferably binding or not to exceed quotes) you will have physical copies of movers prices. Bring copies of your estimates to other movers and see if any are willing to budge on the price.
- Move during the colder months of the year and avoid holidays for the cheapest rates.
- Mail your books to your new address via media mail offered by the post office. Typically cheaper to mail out than to be added to the moving truck.
- Use your linens, blankets, rags and newspapers as padding for your fragile items.
- Local Dollar Stores offer inexpensive tapes for your boxes.
- Inquire as to any organizational discount offerings included being AAA or AARP members.
- Students, military and seniors may also be eligible for savings.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving & Storage Services
At A1, we are about helping you find the right fit, whether or not you use our services. If you did want to explore your move with us, we would welcome a call and will point you in whichever direction best suits your needs. Some of our services include:
- Inexpensive local, state to state and cross country offerings
- Residential moves including houses, studios, apartments and condominiums
- Commercial and industrial moves including equipment, offices and warehouses
- Door to door services, delivery and storage solutions
- Partial and full packaging options
- International and overseas moves
- Auto and heavy equipment transport
Preparing for a Move
When preparing for moving day there is a lot to take into account. From changing your address with dozens of institutions to turning the lights on, the sheer number of tasks is surely dizzying. That’s why we recommend making 3 distinct checklists. The first containing all the tasks you’ll need to tackle up until your moving day, some of those things include:
- Host a garage sale
- Acquire boxes
- Schedule in home moving estimate
- Request time off
- Fix holes in walls
Then once moving day arrives you’ll have a whole other host of responsibilities and a list for your moving day might include:
- Go to the ATM and get cash to tip the movers
- Cover the walkways of the carpet
- Meet the neighbors
- Make sure the first night bag is ready
And lastly, a list of things to do the first few days in your new place. Some of these tasks might include:
- Write a review of your moving company
- Make copies of keys
- Hang sheets in windows before buying sheets
- Explore the neighborhood
With these checklists at the ready you should be ready to go no matter what gets thrown your direction. Be sure to also make an inventory list of all your items before you move. Your mover will also create an inventory list and it will give you a basis for comparison if something comes up.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.