Cheap Movers in Wasilla
There is no if, ands or buts about it, hiring a moving company is the safest, most affordable and efficient way to relocate out of Wasilla, Alaska. As one of the more populated cities throughout the entire state, it is easier than you think to find a mover that you can count on and afford. After you are equipped with some knowledge as to what you should look for in a mover, you will find that it is easier to sort through all your options and find the one you want to hire for relocation assistance.
Hiring Professional Movers
Hiring a moving company is as simple as getting online. Use a laptop, desktop, smartphone or even tablet to search for the cheapest and most reliable movers near your home in Wasilla. Right away, you will have a ton of results pull up. As you go through all their websites, here is what they should showcase…
- Licensing through the State of Alaska, certifications from legal authorities, and registration through the Department of Transportation.
- Insurance coverage that meets the guidelines set by the state.
- Friendly customer service representatives that answer your calls and help in any way they can.
- The ability to modify your plan according to your needs and budget.
- Access to the latest and greatest technology, equipment, trucks and trained help.
- Their reputation should be proven positive by reviews and ratings on the Internet. You can look at review sites such as Yelp and the BBB to see what previous clients have to say about their experience.
- They should have years of history in the industry and proof of their experience and reliability.
With this knowledge you have now obtained, start comparing the movers you found. Write down the ones that appeal to you so that you can contact them for a quick quote (as we explain below). Everything you learn about the movers will help guide you to the right decision.
The Cost of Moving
What you pay for professional moving and storage services is entirely unknown until the proper data has been collected by the moving company. In order for them to get the info they need, they must first ask questions and even assess your property in Wasilla. However, before you receive an accurate price for services, you can receive a quick quote to have somewhat of an idea as to how much money you might need to save up for the occasion.
Quick quotes are usually given through online moving service calculators or by phoning in to speak with a rep for the mover. Either way, these are fast, free estimates given to anyone who shows interest in hiring a mover. For an accurate total, the movers will schedule an in-home appraisal in which they will scope out the property to count rooms, check out its layout, determine how much there is to move, what size truck to use, and how much time it may take to complete the relocation. When they combine this information with the current price of fuel, the distance to travel, the weight of your things, the services you prefer, and a few other details, they can then offer you a binding estimate which you will find stated in your Bill of Lading.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 has an abundance of moving and storage solutions to decide between. Of course, the type of relocation you have to plan for will affect what services and solutions are available to you. If you have any questions, concerns or uncertainties, you can give us a call and our reps will help tailor a plan that meets your needs. They will be there to guide you every step of the way. Nevertheless, if you are curious as to what some of our services are, here is a small list of examples…
- Commercial Moves
- Office and Retail Moves
- Residential Moving
- Military Moves
- Door to Door Delivery
- Full Packing Services
- Packing Supplies and Materials for Sale
- Heavy and Specialized Furniture Moving
- Auto Transport Services
- Full Moving Services
- Student Relocations
- High Priority Services
- Long Distance Moving
- International Moving
- Industrial Relocations
- Local Moving
- Storage Options
- Satellite Tracking
- Multiple Insurance Plans and More…
Preparing for a Move
You will only have one obligation during the process of relocation. This doesn’t mean that this duty is any less important than those of the movers. Actually, your responsiblity to prepare accordingly for the move is extremely vital to the success of your mvoe and the safety of all those helping you. Fortunately, it isn’t too difficult to carry out your tasks before the moving date that was set. Just make sure you start right away so that you have at least a month or so to get ready. Here are some of the things you must do in preparation…
- Have all furniture and boxes ready to go, meaning that they are packed, labeled, wrapped, etc. Make sure that they are easy for the movers to reach.
- Get all clutter picked up so that there is nothing that might cause injury to a moving specialist or an accident that could damage your things as they go along getting your stuff out of the home.
- Buy drinks and snacks for the movers so they can continue to work without having to leave the site.
- Make sure they can park the large moving truck on paved ground near the entrance of the home. If they must park on the road, get a parking permit from the City of Wasilla.
- Prepare a sitter for your children and pets so that they aren’t a distraction on moving day.
- Have all paperwork ready for the movers when they get there. Collect the driver’s contact info before they leave.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.