Twentynine Palms, California Cheap Moving Companies
The process of moving your belongings can be complicated, exhausting and stressful; where time, money and nerves will get tested to their limits. Proper planning is, however, a crucial step to make your residential moving process successful. In an ideal world, the type of the professional services you choose will determine the quality of your moves. After all, you are paying the price for packing your household goods, loading them into a moving truck, transporting and unloading them to their final destination. However, we don’t live in an ideal world, and you can get scammed. Thankfully, Twentynine Palms, California cheap movers can alleviate the moving stress and make your moving day stress free.
So, what is Moving Scam?
A moving scam is an extended term for fraudulent activities by rogue movers who act dishonestly.
5 Moving Scams and How to Avoid Them
We all search for cheap moving services. However, low-ball estimates don’t translate to affordable moving services; some rogue movers will quote low prices to lure clients and later give them unexpected bills.
How to Avoid It
- Don’t accept an estimate over the phone
- Don’t hire a mover who refuses to conduct an in-home survey of your furniture
- Always request quotes from at least four different movers.
- Be bold to ask the mover why they have quoted low estimates.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Fake Credentials and False Reviews
Dishonest moving companies know how crucial it is to be licensed and insured. They also know that you will rely on reviews to hire them. Therefore, they tend to create their fake testimonials with the aim of deceiving clients that they are top-rated full moving companies.
How to Avoid It;
- Ask for recommendations of an excellent interstate mover from your friends and colleagues.
- Check if your potential mover is a member of the American Moving and Storage Association. More so, check the reviews on BBB website to get a clear picture of the prospective company.
Professional long-distance moving companies will not demand large deposits or cash in advance for your commercial or office moving process. Trusted companies will ask you to pay once they deliver your items on time. Be cautious if your mover asks to pay before running the process efficiently.
However, cross-country moving company may demand some down payment to reserve a relocation date for you- especially during pick seasons. But the booking fees do not extend 10% to 15% of the total moving price.
How to Avoid It
- Don’t pay in advance
- If you must make a payment, ensure it does not exceed 10% of the quoted price.
Lack of Experience and the necessary tools
Experience is a necessity for a successful moving process. Reputable movers have trained packers and courteous staff. More so, they have labeled trucks, and the expertise to load and unload items that require heavy lifting. They also have modern moving storage facilities to store your items.
However, rogue movers lack simple basics for packing, unloading and unpacking your belongings. Hence they make your local moving hectic and extremely stressful.
How to Avoid It
- Ask how long they have been in the moving industry.
- Read the company history on the website
Golden rule: Never sign what you don’t understand! Moving to your house is not a relaxing endeavor. Rogue movers know how to take advantage of the moving process. They know you are fatigued and all you want is to relocate to your new office. With all the relocation hullabaloo, you might get tricked and sign a blank document. Read the details and ensure that the relocation rate offered tally with the provided quotes.
How to Avoid It
- Request the moving contract and read it in advance
- Pay close attention to their extra rates and moving labor services costs.
- Everything should be in writing.
The best way to protect yourself from getting scammed is preventing it from happening. Hiring Twentynine Palms cheap moving companies will solve your moving quagmire. Call us and get a free quote
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services