Cheap Movers in Surprise
Moving is a complex undertaking that requires proper planning and diligent effort to ensure a smooth relocation. No matter if your move is small or big, personal or for business purposes, asking the right questions can go a long way in saving you time and money. Within Surprise, AZ there are a fantastic variety of movers who want to undertake your transition, but how do you discern one mover from another? With A1, we want to help you through the moving process from planning to implementation and be your source of objectivity and trustworthiness in the industry.
Hiring Professional Movers
Employing a reliable, local moving service relieves folks of the many stresses that come along with moving, including:
- Removing the risk of injury when hauling boxes to and from the truck
- Keeping all your moving expenses on a single invoice for easy tax deductions
- Since movers are professionals they pack quickly and efficiently using as little space as possible while keeping everything secure
- They alleviate the worry of transporting a heavy load of your belongings
- Movers allow you to focus on other aspects of the relocation
The trick is finding a moving company that works for you and can align their business with your the scope of your move. It’s with good reason that one should look over the extent of their moving needs to determine what kind of service, if any, they require. More and more moving companies are offering itemized services such as truck rentals and packaging options. Thus, giving the customer the luxury of outsourcing specific aspects of the move they’d rather not do.
Before choosing any one mover, there are some basic inquiries you should make to help make a stronger decision. The first of which is making sure your mover is licensed and insured. Every state has their own specific requirements, but federally if your mover transports across state lines, then they are required to have a USDOT number. Also make sure your mover’s insurance is up to date, and that you know the specific instances your belongings are covered under. Here are some other ways to find the right mover for you:
- Compare and contrast Google search results on the internet by entering phrases such as “movers near me” or “moving companies in my area”.
- Ask your friends and family for any companies they could refer you to, it may land you a discount.
- When receiving estimates, pay close attention to how thorough they are as they go through your home or place of business. Movers that are willing to give a binding estimate are typically confident in their service.
- Take a look around your potential mover’s office, see the state of things and meet some of the workers that’ll be moving your home.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
Movers not only end up saving people money, but they end up helping them in other ways too. The convenience a mover provides is truly a great one, for it frees up a lot of time to focus on other areas of your move. Plus since your movers are responsible for hauling and transporting your goods, you don’t have to worry about risking injury or adding wear and tear to your vehicle when you set off.
Sometimes hiring a mover to do a full service move isn’t necessary for your situation or you would just like to save a few bucks along the way. Well the good news is that there is a lot you can undertake on your own if you give yourself enough time to do it. The key is to schedule your movers or moving services at least 2 months ahead of time to give yourself ample time to work on some of these money saving tips.
- Obtain cardboard boxes from local grocery stores as they tend to have a lot extra at the end of each day.
- Look to move during the slower times of the year for the moving industry. This includes scheduling during the winter months, weekdays and avoiding holidays.
- Sometimes movers will offer promotional discounts for a handful of reasons. Seniors, students, and armed forces members may qualify.
- Use extra linens as insulation for your boxed items for it’ll save you money on packaging materials.
- Sell or donate any unused items prior to your move to earn a little cash before you relocate.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 Auto Transport is a full service, specialized moving and transport company assisting the entire world in getting their life where it needs to be. With decades of experience we continually look to keep our customers happy with our personalized approach and efficient handling of their needs. Our services include:
- Residential relocations including apartments, studios, penthouses and condos
- Commercial relocations including offices, retail items and fleet vehicles
- Industrial relocations including warehouses, inventory, heavy equipment and auto transport
- Specialty moving options
- Local, national and international relocations
- Door to door delivery services
- Recycling and disposal options
- Storage solutions
- Packaging services
- Full service moves
- Packing materials
- Insurance options
- Satellite tracking
Preparing for a Move
There is a near endless list of tasks one could put together in preparation for a move. With the interconnectivity of modern society, it seems like every institution needs to be updated when you relocate. A tremendously effective way to keep all the spinning plates balanced is to assemble a moving checklist starting as far back as 2 months before your scheduled move date. You can continually update it as you see fit and as you accomplish tasks.
The day before your movers are scheduled to arrive is another important date in preparation for moving. There are some things you can do to make sure the day goes smoothly for all parties involved. The first being making sure your movers have adequate space to park and setup the truck. Ensure all the walkways of your home are free of clutter, and that any boxed or disassembled items are moved away from the walking areas. You may want to consider lining your carpets with plastic to protect them from the inevitable foot traffic of the day. Some folks like to pack a specific bag for the very first night in their new place. This will help keep your essentials on hand so you don’t have to spend a lot of time searching for items you’ll end up wanting.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.