Cheap Movers in Safford
Making the decision to move is one of the many life altering events one endures sooner or later. The reasons are numerous as to why people move and the needs of every person vary between move to move. Working with a moving company that has a positive, long standing reputation will go a long way in easing the burden of relocating. With A1, we specialize in being your asset through the moving process. From planning to implementation we have you covered with a myriad of options into and out of Safford, AZ.
Hiring Professional Movers
Movers come in all shapes and sizes, from mom and pop shops to large international organizations. The size of a business isn’t in and of itself, the best indicator as to the type of service you’ll receive. With all the information available online, it can sometimes be hard to sift through the most relevant material in regards to your move. One thing for certain though is that movers provide a tremendous amount of benefit to most moving situations. Here are some benefits to hiring a mover:
- Movers are trained to package a wide array of items. Since they are professionals and experienced they will be able to safely package your items and ensure they are also safe during transport.
- Moving companies have the proper equipment to maneuver items through homes without damaging the walls or items themselves.
- Not only are your items insured when you move, but they are in a truck designed to move items such as yours. This means no multiple trips or white knuckle driving with a heavy load behind you.
- Local movers have knowledge of the roads and the community they’re transporting to. This results in more efficient routing and your items traversing on safer roads.\
- Employing a mover means you won’t be subjected to the physical burden or fatigue of a move. From the heavy lifting, to the packaging, it’s all taken care of allowing you to focus on other tasks regarding your move.
Deciding on the right mover presents a few avenues you must explore before a mover should receive your consideration. The first of which is a USDOT number, which is required by all movers who transport items across state lines. The next is whether or not the mover is insured, as they should be happy to procure this information upon request. You can also seek out your state Attorney General’s office about your respective state’s requirements in regards to movers and to check if your mover is in compliance.
A business’s online identity is proving to be as important as word of mouth. Having a great review score indicates customers generally have a positive experience working with said mover. Sites that aggregate such information include Google, Facebook and the Better Business Bureau. Be mindful of reviews that have occurred in the last 3 months, for they are more indicative as to the type moving experience they offer currently.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
Employing a mover to assist in your move saves money, time, energy and helps you not miss a beat of life during the transition to your new place. Movers provide tremendous value because all the expenses one would have to pay anyway, are on a single invoice. Since movers do this sort of thing for a living, they are able to create value at every step of the process. They are efficient and mindful packers with the proper hauling equipment. They use modern, insured, fuel saving trucks. Since they move for a living they are physically equipped to endure the labor involved with a move. What kind of value can we place on peace of mind?
There are many ways to save money on moving and the ability to do that comes with giving yourself as much time as possible to deploy some of these measures. You should look to schedule your movers at least 2 months prior to your moving day, this will give you plenty of time to use some of the cost saving measures below.
- Big box retail stores such as Walmart and Target tend to receive many of their shipments in cardboard boxes. Once opened they’ll toss them away to be recycled, unless you’re able to inquire about any additional boxes they may have.
- Move during the offseason/off peak times of the year. These times include the fall and winter months, weekdays, and non holiday time periods
- Host a garage sale or sell your items online prior to your move date. You’ll end up gaining some money before you move and saving money on transport due to the reduced weight.
- Price match competing movers and see if any are willing to budge on their price to garner your business.
- Ask about binding quotes from prospective moving services. These type of estimates guarantee you won’t be subjected to any additional charges during the process.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 offers a variety of services including:
- All types of residential, commercial and industrial moves
- Local moves, state to state and international moves
- Specialty moves including multi stage relocations
- Delivery, storage and recycling services
- Insurance options
- Packaging supplies
- And much more!
Preparing for a Move
Much of the moving process is preparing for moving day. Many of the steps you’ll take in relocating take place prior to moving day itself. This involves tasks like transferring utilities and changing one’s address. To help stay on top of everything, we recommend assembling a running tasklist that you can add to as moving day approaches. This will help you be more effective towards the matters that need your attention the most.
Be sure to have your place ready to go when your movers are scheduled arrive, to make the day easier on everyone. This includes having boxes off to the sides of the room, proper available parking and walkways free of clutter. All too often folks are still boxing up items when the movers arrive, and it only adds to the cost and time it takes to complete the move. You may also want to consider having any kids or pets stay with a friend for the day. Moving is stressful for all parties and they could benefit from time with loved ones.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.