Cheap Movers In Southside
Cheap Movers in Southside
Even talking about transplanting your home or business from one place to another can cause people to tense up. Moving is such a taxing experience that it’s up to the moving companies of the world to take that burden off your shoulders and rest it on their experienced hands. With A1, we’ll align you with the precise service you need to and from Southside, AL, no matter if we can help you or not!
Hiring Professional Movers
Just as when you research any business, you may want to look into your movers a little bit more since if they are moving your home, they will have your worldly possessions in their hands. Great news is that there is more information than you could ever ask for in your smartphone or your home computer. Great movers will be talked about and reviewed heavily online and those are the companies you’ll want to seek out. Couple that with any referrals your friends might have and a positive Better Business Bureau search and you’ll find more than a few companies able to handle your move professionally.
A lot goes into hiring the right mover for you and a moving service that served a friend well may not suit your needs or just be too expensive. Here are some ways to hone in your search.
- Any good mover should come to your home and give you an estimate. They will take inventory of all your belongings and after determining the size and weight present you with a price. Always inquire about NTE (Not to Exceed) estimates so you can know definitively what your final price will be.
- You should never have to make a large deposit before moving and should only be expected to pay upon delivery.
- Be mindful of companies that may have changed their names over the years to avoid negative reviews online. See if the company does business as any other name and check to see if the name of the business answering the phone is the same one you intended to call.
How a Mover Benefits You
If you have ever had the benefit of having a mover do a full service transition, you’ll find it difficult to ever have to do it yourself again. The professionalism, the experience and the surprisingly modest costs all really add up when you see all of your items in your new home or place of business. Here are some other ways hiring a mover benefits you.
- The peace of not having to laboriously go over every item in your place and meticulously pack and transport it. This allows you to be so much more effective in other pressing areas of your move.
- Your movers pack, haul and transport items for a living. They are trained in the equipment used to move items from your home saving you from potential injury and fatigue.
- Federal law mandates that movers have insurance free of charge for their customers and most offer different tiers if you prefer.
- Movers use new boxes, current packing equipment and modern trucks to get your items transported with low fuel expense and well packed items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The Cost of Moving
At first glance, one might think hiring a moving service is prohibitively expensive but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. The fact that the totality of your moving cost can be itemized on a single invoice can actually save you money. Gas, boxes, truck rentals, labor help, dollies and more are all on a single bill. Literally numerous expenses all under one roof does often times save you money. Still looking to save more? Here’s how you can do it:
- Book your mover during the slow times of the year which are typically the fall and winter. Movers will more likely slash their rates in order to gain your business during these times.
- Check for any services they may have opted you in for such as extra insurance.
- Obtaining boxes from local community retailers and boxing your items yourself will save you tremendous expense from your moving company. Be sure to box your items up to their specifications or they may refuse to transport them.
- The U.S. Postal Service’s media mail is a fantastic way to save money shipping your books, cds, or dvds. Cheap in and of itself, considering the size and weight of books, it ends up being cheaper than having your mover haul them in most cases.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 provides a standard suite of moving solutions but we’re able to handle most needs no matter how unique they may be.
- Partial and full service packaging and moves
- Storage space, delivery options and waste/recycling services
- Residential, office, commercial and industrial moving options
- State to state, national, international and overseas relocations
- Local moves, high rise moves, apartment moves
- Automobile transports, heavy equipment and large cargo shipping
- Commercial, office and industrial relocations
Preparing for a Move
Proper preparation can make the most insurmountable of tasks seem quite ordinary. When ultimately preparing to move, giving yourself a 2 month window is a good rule of thumb to go by, for it gives you plenty of time to handle the many little tasks that come with moving including:
- Changing your address with all relevant companies.
- Creating an inventory checklist as you package up each room.
- Have a babysitter or alternative arrangements for the kids on moving day.
- Host a garage sale and invite your friends to help you pack during it.
- Pack a “first night bag” containing everything you and your family could need.
- Turn your utilities on in your new place.
- Return library books, movies and/or video games.
- Update your voter registration.
- Make sure your pets have updated ID badges and get copies of their pet records.
- If you’re moving out of country, make sure you get your vaccinations.
- Save all your moving receipts so you can take advantage of the moving tax deduction.
- Address and tend to any home repairs you might need to do before departing.