Cheap Movers in Selma
While seeking the most affordable yet dependable moving company in or around Selma, Alabama, make sure you take your time. It is crucial to the success of your relocation outside of town that you hire a mover with all the right components. Otherwise, you may end up very disappointed and spending much more than you should. A mover is actually meant to save you money. That’s right- it is cheaper to hire a mover than to go through relocation without professional help. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get you started in the right direction as you are on the prowl for the perfect moving company.
Hiring Professional Movers
Hiring expert movers is almost effortlessly done with the aid of the Internet. Search for “affordable movers in Selma” and you will certainly be surprised with how many movers there are around the region. Since there are so many options, it is best to be equipped with some awareness of the characteristics the mover you hire should feature. Below, we will inform you of the qualities to look for and even go ahead to explain why a moving company’s assistance is so advantageous.
What to Search for in the Right Mover
- State licensing, USDOT registry and certifications of validation
- Insurance coverage as demanded by the state as well as alternative insurance packages for even further protection on the value of your household goods
- Friendly, extremely knowledgeable customer service representatives that are there to take all calls and assist with customers
- Moving services geared towards your particular type of move or a variety of moving and storage solutions that an be tailored to meet your needs proficiently
- A superb reputation as showcased through testimonials, ratings and reviews left online from previous customers
- They should have access to all that they need including trained help, durable tools and equipment, high quality packaging materials, and various size trucks
How a Mover Can Be Beneficial to the Relocation Process
- You will have to perform less physical labor and exertion
- You won’t face as much stress during the process
- You will have more time to focus on other matters
- You will actually save money
- Your home’s contents will be in the safest hands
- You will face a lot less risks typically involved in the moving process when it’s handled by inexperienced persons
The Cost of Moving
There is no way to receive a true quote for your moving services until either a home inspection has been performed or the relocation services have been completely fulfilled. Of course, you may notice that movers provide estimates via online calculators or by phoning in yet these aren’t honest totals for the services you seek. Instead, they serve to give those showing interest in the company an idea of their rates and what they might pay for their upcoming relocation. These estimates are a wonderful tool to use when comparing moving companies. However, they aren’t to be confused as the actual cost of your move.
If your mover request an evaluation of your Selma home, set it up as soon as possible so that you can begin preparing immediately thereafter. On the day that they arrive, they will walk through to evaluate the number of rooms, the ease of accessing everywhere they must, how much there is to move, and how much time and labor might be needed. They will also decide what size truck or trucks to use on moving day. Once they have a better grasp of what the relocation will entail, they will use what they have learned and combine it with other price affecting factors such as…
- How much gas costs per gallon at the time of the move
- The distance they must travel to get to home from home
- What services you would like to take advantage of
Not all movers calculate the price of their services the same but it is safe to assume some factors just can’t be dismissed in the calculation. With that being said, be prepared for whatever the cost might be. Studies suggest that the cost for moving a home is typically somewhere between $12.00 to $16.00 per square foot.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Not all movers can offer a vast variety of moving and storage solutions, but A1 certainly can! We like to appeal to all those in need of moving assistance so we have taken great pride and even greater strides to make sure that we do just that. Our assortment of moving and storage services include but aren’t limited to…
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moves
- Office Moves
- Student Moves
- Military Moves
- Motorized Vehicle and Heavy Machinery Transports
- International Moving Services
- Full Packaging Services
- All Kinds of Storage Solutions
- Full Service Moving
Even if you don’t see the services you would like to purchase listed above, it doesn’t mean we can’t help. Call in to speak with one of our awesome customer service representatives and they will tailor your relocation services according to your preferences and financial means.
Preparing for a Move
There is one surefire way to encourage a safer and more proficient move and that is by doing your part in the process. If you wish to make the move smoother and to help out the movers the best you can, prepare for the relocation accordingly. When you prepare for the move you are not only helping yourself, but you are helping the movers and ensuring their safety along the way. To stay on task, write out a checklist that includes all of your responsibilities in the matter such as…
- Hiring a babysitter on the days the movers are to arrive for loading and unloading
- Cleaning the home so that there is nothing in the way of the movers
- Transferring subscriptions and utility companies
- Making all job and school changes as necessary
- Making sure there is plenty of parking for the movers
- Having all entryways prepared and ready to be accessed
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.