- Scottsdale Cheap Movers Near Me
- Hiring Professional Movers
- The Cost Of Moving
- About A1’S Moving And Storage Solutions
- Preparing For A Move
Scottsdale Cheap Movers Near Me
There are millions upon millions of moves every year in the United States and it’s pretty remarkable how smoothly they go most of the time. But even with such precision in the industry there are plenty of warning signs to be cautious of when deciding between relocation services to and from Scottsdale, AZ. Being informed and knowledgeable about the moving experience will only put you in a better position to save money and make a solid decision. To us, the research process is the best way to locate and hire a trustworthy mover.
Hiring Professional Movers
The decision as to whether or not to hire a moving service is an important one. Taking inventory of your moving needs will help ascertain the level of assistance you require. A great feature about modern movers is that many of them offer tiers of service so they can cast a bigger net towards potential customers. Whether you need to rent a truck or require full packaging and moving services, chances are your mover will have an option that’s right up your alley. Having movers do all the work involved with your relocation is such a mentally freeing experience that we advocate it a lot of cases.
Once you have taken account the scope of your move, the next step is to find a mover that works best for you. There are a lot of ways to go about:
- If family or friends have had a successful experience with a mover, inquire as to their availability and if a referral discount is available.
- Your mover needs to be properly licensed, registered and insured before you should consider doing business with them. If they carry goods across state lines then they are required to have a USDOT number.
- Explore different online portals to gauge customer perception of movers your considering. Websites ran by Google, the Better Business Bureau, Facebook and the FMCSA.
- Visit a potential mover’s office and check out the facilities, equipment and talk to their employees. Establishing an early relationship will go a long way.
- Be careful about hiring based on a mover’s price alone. Deep savings doesn’t always mean great value.
The Cost of Moving
When exploring potential movers, price usually plays a factor in the decision making process. Yet what one person might consider affordable, may be too expensive for someone else. Different places have different costs, and that is why we implore people to create a budget when seeking out a moving service. If you stick to your budget, you won’t be in a position to overpay and can identify the most important services you need from a mover at a price you can afford.
With your budget in place you’re able to identify how much work you’re going to have to do in order to remain within your budget. Fortunately enough, there are a myriad of ways to reduce your moving cost.
- Sell your unused items online, host a garage sale or donate anything extra to the Salvation Army. You’ll end up reducing your moving expense due to the lighter transport load, while making a little extra cash before you move.
- Cardboard can be acquired at nearly every single grocery store in your community, but it may not be up to your mover’s standards. Inquire as to boxing and packaging requirements prior to seeking out boxes on your own to make sure they’re suitable.
- By packaging everything yourself, you dramatically reduce your overall moving cost since your movers will be focused on removing these things from your residence as opposed to packing them.
- Movers may have special promotions and offers taking place, so it’s a good idea to call around and see if you qualify for any.
- Package your small items within your bigger items to save on packing material.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
At A1, we pride ourselves at putting our customers in the best position to be satisfied with their move. When you hire a mover, a large part of your purchase is the peace of mind you’ll experience knowing your belongings are being tended to. With that in mind, we offer a range of services to accommodate nearly any move imaginable including:
- Full and partial service moves
- Packaging services and supplies
- Residential, commercial and industrial relocations
- Technical and specialty moves
- Heavy equipment and large item moves
- Auto transports
- Satellite tracking
- Insurance options
Preparing for a Move
Moving nowadays is a much more complicated affair than it was even 50 years ago. People are so interconnected to a multitude of institutions that the process of getting everything changed over is a bit daunting. This is why we recommend scheduling your movers at least 2 months in advance of your moving day. This gives you plenty of time to delegate and complete the numerous duties required of transitioning to your new home.
A great way to simplify the process is to start an ever growing checklist around the time you hire movers. The tasks are varied as they are numerous, but here are some of the more common ones:
- Hire a sitter for the kids and pets
- Update address with the post office, bank, license bureau and doctor’s office
- Get all important paperwork together in one folder
- Set utility disconnect and start dates
- Remove oil from mowers, grills and heaters
- Reschedule deliveries, update subscriptions
- Package items by starting with the least used room
- Create an inventory list
How smooth moving day goes usually is a result of the day by day efforts leading up to it. One of the big mistakes folks make is to not have their residence prepared when the movers arrive. This creates a slowdown in the work and potentially adds extra expense if it causes your movers to work late. This can be avoided by making use of the following tips:
- Have your home packed and items moved against walls before the movers arrive
- Clear all hallways and walkways of debris
- Be sure your movers have a convenient place to park
- Unplug all appliances and line the carpets with plastic to prevent damage to your home
- Grab cash from an ATM and tip your movers if they do a good job