Cheap Movers in Satsuma
One of the best things about moving is that there are many, many companies that want to earn your business and do it for you! As a customer that puts you at a tremendous advantage to seek out the best prices while not jeopardizing the safety of your items to and from Satsuma, AL. There is a lot that goes into a successful move and with all the chaos that comes with transplanting oneself, your moving service should only make this time period easier.
Why You Should Hire Professional Movers
You should hire professional movers if you think you just might need some help getting to your new place. Whether it’s a small apartment or a large warehouse full of items that need moved there are some qualities you’ll want from your mover, no matter the case. From the onset your mover should have a USDOT number if they move folks betweens states. Some areas demand movers have motor carrier numbers and/or license numbers listed on the side of their trucks. Your mover is bound by federal law to offer some sort of insurance. This likely varies between companies with most movers offering different types of insurance for purchase as well.
When seeking out cheap, professional movers, google.com is your best friend. It contains the near entirety of the internet including any movers in your area that has access to the web and/or an online rapport. Put more weight into recent reviews as opposed to older reviews because chances are the same workers will be assisting you in your move. And assist they shall, for they provide a ton of benefits including:
- Packing. Movers are extremely efficient when it comes to packing your items. They are trained to do so while using less materials in the process
- Local Familiarity. Understanding routes and neighborhoods are very important for a safe move especially if your items need dispatched from a storage location.
- Belongings are Secured and Safe. Hiring experienced movers mean they know just what to do to get your items transported. Movers will use lesser known materials such as heavy plastic shrink wrap on furniture and large items to protect them from dings and dirt.
The Cost of Moving
The total cost of your move takes a lot into account including mileage, fuel, the total weight of your items, labor hours amongst other things. These costs are carefully calculated before an estimate is given. Seek out companies that are willing to give binding quotes or not to exceed quotes so you won’t see any price swings when in the middle of your move. There are also many online calculators available if you are looking for general pricing answers. For folks that decide to work with A-1 you get free standard insurance coverage and satellite tracking included in your total cost. Base insurance won’t protect the entirety of circumstances that could happen and you’re welcome to inquire as to what’s available.
Cutting Costs When Moving
- Full packing services are usually the most expensive because they take the majority of the responsibility off your hands in exchange for a higher cost. If you pack your own items and inquire to local grocery stores about extra cardboard boxes, you could pack your items before the movers were to arrive. Be sure you are packing your items to your mover’s specifications.
- Moving during off peak seasons such as the fall and winter can save on your costs dramatically. Companies looking to increase business during the slower times of the year will pass the savings down to the customer.
- Being associated with certain organizations can grant you discounts if the mover has a program in place. Students, seniors, armed forces members, auto club members and other local clubs could be eligible.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
As with most reputable movers, A-1 has a vast selection of moving services to pick from. It’s important to us that every customer feels that they are being provided with a good value for their money and time. We are able to accomodate moves and services beyond what’s listed below.
- Local Moves
- Long Distance Moving
- Apartment, Studio, Dorm, Office Moves
- Heavy Furniture, Antique and Large Item Moves
- Full Packing Services and Full Service Moves
- Partial Service Moves Available
- International Moves
- Auto, Equipment and Oversized Cargo Relocations
- Residential and Commercial Moves
- Storage Solutions, Deliveries and Recycling/Disposal Services
Preparing for a Move
One of the biggest keys to a successful move is the amount of preparation one puts in. We have seen it before, where folks wait until moving day to complete their packing and end up with disgruntled movers and an inefficient process. We implore people to create to-do lists for this time in life because the responsibilities and transition can seem insurmountable without good planning and a list to refer to when you need it. So how soon before you move should you start making lists and hiring movers? We suggest giving yourself at least 2 months of cushion to tackle everything that needs done and to start your moving list then. Some of the more important items on your moving list would include:
- Change of address with the post office, work, utilities, credit cards, schools and anyone else who needs notified.
- Clear the walkways of the house and allow suitable parking for your movers.
- If you’re packing your items yourself, clearly label them and as to what room they go to.
- Your least used rooms should get priority in packing and can be started on as soon as you’re ready.
- Make sure to get the name of your moving truck driver, along with his cell phone just in case.
- Put together a “first night bag” for you and your family so you have immediate access to your important items.
- Make sure your pets are locked up and kids are tended to on moving day.
- Compile an inventory list of each room’s belongings as you pack them. It will help you know where certain things are and also useful as a resource in case you need to compare it to the inventory list your mover compiles.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.