- Salt Lake City Cheap Movers Near Me
- Figuring Out What You Need
- Salt Lake City Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
- Choosing The Right Moving Company
- Why Hire Us
Salt Lake City Cheap Movers Near Me
With national parks, ski resorts, and a mountain range sitting practically in your backyard, it’s not hard to see why you love Salt Lake City. However, it’s not necessarily the easiest city to move to, from, or around; this is why so many Salt Lake urbanites opt for hiring a moving company.
If this is the position you find yourself in, you’re no doubt on the hunt for affordable moving companies, but do you know what exactly to look for or how to find it?
Figuring Out What You Need
Before you start reaching out to movers, you’ll need to ascertain what exactly you need from a company. Are you just moving from one neighborhood of Salt Lake City to another? Will you be leaving the state? Is this a personal move, or a commercial one? Are you moving due to military service?
Depending on your answers to these questions, you’ll have a better idea of what to look for beyond simply googling “cheap movers near me.” Here are some basic definitions to give you a better idea of where you fall:
- Local Moving — This means that the moving company won’t need to travel state to state or any excessive distance to complete your move. Most often, this means moving either your home or apartment from one area of a city to another. Local moving can be either residential or commercial.
- Long Distance Moving — Also known as interstate moves, these trips require a fair amount of travel time to complete. Rather open ended, a long distance move can be as simple as jumping across state lines, or as involved as crossing the country (or the globe). Usually, this kind of move will be for a home or apartment when the resident wants to eliminate the stress of the move with door to door service.
- Office Moving — This type of commercial move is perfect for businesses that have outgrown their current space or are just looking for a change of environment. Business owners can’t exactly enlist their employees to complete furniture moving (along with any other equipment), so that’s where a moving company comes in.
- Military Moves — Those who serve the country often have to complete coast to coast moves without much notice. When moving from one military base to another, a full service moving company can completely eliminate the stress associated with the process.
Once you’re clear on what type of move you need to complete, you’ll better be able to seek out a moving company that fits your needs. In addition to what sort of move you’ll be making, think about the size of the space that you’re moving to.
If it’s a residential move, consider how many bedrooms your home has. Likewise, if it’s a commercial move, consider the square footage of your office, and any especially heavy furniture that will need to be moved. These facts will make it much simpler for the companies to provide you accurate quotes when the time comes.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Salt Lake City Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
|To / From Salt Lake City, UT||Distance||Cost (2 BR)||Cost (3 BR)||Cost (4 BR)||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Salt Lake City, UT to Casselberry, FL||1912 miles||$4,728 - $6,011||$7,150 - $9,567||$9,567 - $14,016||5 - 7 days|
|Manchester, NH to Salt Lake City, UT||2065 miles||$4,886 - $6,217||$7,401 - $9,912||$9,912 - $14,537||6 - 8 days|
|Salt Lake City, UT to Perryton, TX||668 miles||$3,063 - $3,841||$4,534 - $6,010||$6,010 - $8,703||3 - 5 days|
|Evansville, IN to Salt Lake City, UT||1307 miles||$3,999 - $5,061||$6,005 - $8,011||$8,011 - $11,693||4 - 6 days|
|Salt Lake City, UT to Playa Vista, CA||589 miles||$2,949 - $3,694||$4,359 - $5,774||$5,774 - $8,358||3 - 5 days|
|Saginaw, MN to Salt Lake City, UT||1055 miles||$3,641 - $4,595||$5,444 - $7,249||$7,249 - $10,557||4 - 6 days|
|Salt Lake City, UT to Anchorage, AK||2120 miles||$5,057 - $6,443||$7,676 - $10,288||$10,288 - $15,109||6 - 8 days|
|Toledo, OH to Salt Lake City, UT||1468 miles||$4,118 - $5,217||$6,192 - $8,265||$8,265 - $12,073||4 - 6 days|
|Salt Lake City, UT to Scottsdale, AZ||495 miles||$2,762 - $3,450||$4,062 - $5,368||$5,368 - $7,746||3 - 5 days|
|Meridian, ID to Salt Lake City, UT||309 miles||$2,539 - $3,160||$3,713 - $4,894||$4,894 - $7,039||3 - 5 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.
Choosing The Right Moving Company
Your first instinct might be to judge moving companies based purely on their prices, and while that’s understandable, you’ll be doing yourself a disservice if you take this course of action. Companies that offer steep discounts are likely able to do so due to the fact that their services are lacking in some way, so be wary of companies whose rates veer far outside of the normal territory.
That said, price is certainly an important consideration when choosing the right movers. All things being equal, you’re most likely to go with the company who can offer the most competitive price, so here are some other factors to look for when narrowing down the search:
- Proper Insurance — A reputable company will be licensed and insured, and willing to explain its coverage to you in detail. This insurance prevents you from incurring losses should your items be damaged in the process of the move.
- Track Record of Success — If a company is just starting out, they might be able to offer you an incredibly low price, but just be aware of what you’re stepping into. You’ll essentially be leaving your Salt Lake City move in the hands of relative amateurs; if that sounds stressful, choose a well established company instead.
- Positive Reviews — Moving companies that are confident in their abilities will usually have testimonials from past clients that they offer up readily. Additionally, you can do your due diligence and check for other reviews online to make sure the company has a history of satisfied customers.
- Expertise in Your Type of Move — Make sure that any company you reach out to has completed a number of moves that fit your needs. Whether it’s long distance or local, you want to find someone with enough knowledge of Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas that your moving day is stress free.
- Willingness to Discuss Your Situation — If a company doesn’t take the time to explain their services in detail before you hire them, it doesn’t bode well for the rest of the experience. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, make sure that their staff is friendly and accommodating.
- Free Quotes — Every moving company should offer free quotes, as it requires little time from the company and gives you a clearer picture of what you can expect to pay. This is a move of transparency that can give you confidence in how the company will behave in the future.
Try to narrow down your consideration to a handful of companies, then choose one based on its merits and the competitiveness of its quote.
Why Hire Us
We understand that trusting a company with all of your belongings during a move can be incredibly stressful, and that’s why our staff works hard to be communicative and friendly throughout the entire process.
Whether you’re moving from one part of Salt Lake City to another or all the way across the country, we have the practical experience to make the move a breeze for you. We’re insured, licensed, and experienced with a long history of pleasing customers, no matter what type of move they need.
When you’re ready to go with the best possible moving company for your Salt Lake City relocation, reach out to see how we can help.