Tips on How to Pack Your Household Goods Safely
Getting ready for a local or a long-distance move can be enthralling. Whether your move is residential or commercial; cross-country or interstate, you’re likely to have a lot of things to accomplish. One of your chief concerns is how to safeguard your furniture and other prized belongings. Luckily, there many Richmond cheap movers with vast experience in the moving industry. They’re adept of transporting your valuables efficiently and deliver them on time.
Follow these to keep your possessions safe during the relocation process.
- Get Proper Packing Supplies: Getting the right packing materials will keep your items out of danger. You can get free packing boxes from the local vendors at an affordable price or get them free from your trusted friends and relatives. More so, you can use the blankets to wrap other stuff. Additionally, pack some of your belongings in the wardrobe boxes or the drawers. You will save time and space. More so, you will also cut the packing prices.
- Get Help: Moving to a new state or city is hectic and stressful. You, therefore, need trained guys to take the burden off your shoulders. Hire a full-service moving company that will handle relocation needs like packing your stuff, unloading them from a moving truck upon arrival, hoisting, heavy lifting, and finally unpacking your items with utmost care. You can ask your friends or family members to take care of your kids on a moving day.
- Labeling: Labeling your packed boxes will save you lots of headache by helping you have ample time to sort your belongings. When professional movers undertake packing exercise, they will ensure they have labeled boxes to help them when loading and unloading items from the moving truck.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Be Keen When Hiring a Moving Company: The first thing to consider before hiring a mover is to check if they are licensed and insured. Confirm if they are registered with FMCSA and American Moving and Storage Association. Read the movers’ reviews on the Better Business Bureau. Confirm if their trucks are marked and whether their moving storage units are well-maintained. More so, do not forget to check on their charges. To get cheap moving services, you need to compare a few moving quotes. Additionally, you can hire moving labor for packing services if you don’t have financial muscles to hire a full-service provider. Compare few cost estimates and make an informed decision.
- Wrap Valuable and Breakable Items: You need to take care of your valuables by wrapping them carefully. Bubble wrap, newspaper, and tissues are vital materials for packing. More so you can also use blankets and bedsheets. Glassware, antiques, and finished wood should be wrapped securely and tightly to prevent breaking and scratching. However, movers charge extra costs for wrapping fragile items. Choose a moving company that offers you the service at an affordable rate.
- Unpack Slowly: Professional and courteous movers can help you in unpacking your items, but they apply extra rates to this additional services. However, you can save a few bucks by unpacking your items carefully and slowly.
Have you been looking for a company that conducts both residential and office moving processes? Look no further. With Richmond cheap moving companies, you can be sure of getting your move safely, securely, and efficiently. Apart from a free quote, we also give our clients a written and binding estimate. Call our office today, and our experts will guide you through a stress-free relocation process. We are known for providing quality services at an affordable cost.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.