Cheap Movers In Rainbow City
Cheap Movers in Rainbow City
Moving is one of those instances in life that should be very enjoyable but ends up being mostly stressful when all is said and done. There are so many tasks to tend to, it’s sometimes hard to know where to place one’s energy. At A-1, we have the industry experience to guide you in your move to or from Rainbow City, AL without the hassle or deceptive pricing one might expect. Furthermore, most reputable moving organizations have a variety of services from merely hauling your goods to doing every bit of the process for you.
Why Hire a Professional Moving Service?
There’s a multitude of reasons to hire a moving company and it’s mostly because they are equipped to handle a wide range of needs from a diverse customer base. The benefits of hiring a moving company to assist in your move are essentially countless, but here are some:
- You can focus on other aspects of your transition while your movers tend to your house or business.
- A majority of your moving costs are in one place, on one bill. Fuel, packaging, labor, truck rental, tape, dollies are all paid for once and there isn’t any going out and getting more materials.
- Movers, by federal law, are required to have insurance and may have better options additionally.
- You reduce your risk of injury and damage to your items when deferring your move to professionals.
Not all movers are created equal unfortunately, and it’s up to the customer to do their diligence in finding a company that most aligns with them. There are some key traits you should be looking for including:
- USDOT numbers, motor carrier numbers, state license numbers and valid insurance should all be made viewable to you as the customer.
- Moving companies with years of experience and a positive online reputation typically have high standards in how they transport items. This usually results in your items being handled and delivered safely.
- Look up your potential mover with the Better Business Bureau to help get an idea as to how they’re perceived and how they handle complaints.
The Cost of Moving
The cost of moving varies from company to company but there are some ways to keep the price down. One of the most effective, yet least used ways, of getting your moving price down is to price match 3 or 4 companies and see if any are willing to undercut their competition to earn your business. Be sure to inquire about having an estimate done in your home and if the company is willing to send over a binding quote, which means the price you see is the price you’ll get.
Depending on the type of services you’ll be purchasing, some cost saving measures are more applicable than others. Some ways are:
- Host a Garage Sale. Using social media and signs around your community is a great way to stir up interest in your sale. This will reduce costs for any type of move because the items you sell you won’t have to bring!
- If your house or business is ready to receive mail, consider sending your media items (books, cds, dvds) via the post office’s media mail service. Books are heavy and get a special discount by the post office when shipped.
- Old clothes and linens make excellent item insulation when boxed up and transported.
- Cardboard boxes are used by nearly every store in your hometown and you should have no problem acquiring them if you go around asking for extras.
- Ask potential movers about any special discounts and promotions they offer to members of certain organizations such as AAA or AARP. Students, senior citizens and members of the military may also be able to receive price considerations.
- Your local Dollar Store has tapes and adhesives at some of the lowest prices you’ll find around.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving & Storage Services
A1 is a full service moving company with a host of options to better serve our customers. We have been helping folks move state to state and coast to coast for the better part of 2 decades and welcome a conversation to see where your needs lie. Some of those services include:
- Partial and Full Packing Services
- Partial and Full Service Moving
- Self Service Moves
- Small and Large Moves
- Local, State and Overseas Relocations
- Auto Transport Services, Heavy Equipment and Large Item Moves
- Storage and Door to Door Delivery Options
- Commercial and Industrial
- Office, Penthouse, Apartment and Studio Relocations
Preparing For a Move
So you found a mover that works within your timeframe, budget and moving needs so now what? One of the best things about hiring a mover is that you can put your energy into the numerous things that need done before you go. And, there are lots of ways to make the move easier on everyone.
- Consider hiring a babysitter and/or pet sitter for your moving day. Transitions can be really stressful on them and it’s best for them to be with loved ones.
- Creating a checklist can help decrease the chance of you forgetting something!
- Depending on your type of move, consider clearing the hallways and walkways for your movers and by making sure they have somewhere to park come moving day.
- Change your address and not just your home address! Many organizations need an updated address including the BMV, doctors, utilities, schools and much more. The post office will only forward your mail for a certain duration and it would be untimely to miss something important.
- You might want to consider donating some of your lesser used items or selling them online before you move.
- Label your boxes for easy unpacking.
- Eating up your food before you move is a good way to make sure nothing goes to waste while limiting your transport weight.
- Head to an ATM and take out some cash to tip your movers if they’ve done a job well done.
- Packing a moving kit for your first night in your new home is very useful. Plastic utensils, paper plates, blankets, games, or whatever else you’ll want instantly accessible.