Cheap Movers in Prescott Valley
Transition happens in many ways and relocating one’s home or place of business is amongst the most stressful kind. The overall moving process can take as long as a few months depending on the preparation needed for your particular type of move. Knowing what needs to be tended to and when to tend to it can be tricky for first time movers and veterans alike. At A1, helping you navigate through your move is what we do. From simple moves to relocations of the more complex variety, we offer levels of service to accommodate almost any type of moving situation we come across.
Hiring Professional Movers
An important part of the moving process is reviewing the entirety of your relocation needs and determining how much help you need. A solid moving service will grant in home or in business estimates and walk you through the pricing. A mover provides a fantastic amount of convenience and flexibility since the majority of the labor is completed by their workers. You also get the benefit of having your moving expense on one bill and usually at a cheaper price.
When comparing and contrasting potential relocation experts, you’ll notice plenty of options in and around Prescott Valley, AZ. There are companies with varying amounts of experience, technical expertise, and options for you to sift through. There are some cornerstone traits that should be a requisite of any prospective mover.
- Movers that transport goods across state lines are required to have a USDOT number with the FMCSA. The FMCSA has a search tool on their website that allows you to review company’s information that might not be available on traditional review sites.
- Your mover is required to have basic insurance included when relocating your items. Ask to view their insurance and make a copy if necessary.
- Online reputation is gaining more and more importance in the moving industry. Ensure your mover has a positive online rating with a more focused interest on recent reviews.
- Before scheduling an in home estimate, ask if your mover provides binding or NTE (not to exceed) quotes. These type of quotes give the customer protection in case of mounting costs such as an inaccurate fuel calculation or extra packing material requirements.
The Cost of Moving
When it comes to outsourcing the transplantation of one’s belongings there are some factors you’ll want to take into account if you are looking to reduce your overall expense. Weight, fuel, item dimensions, labor, boxes, packaging material, and travel distance all have a role in your total cost whether or not you employ a mover. Each of these areas of cost can be manipulated in your favor with the right techniques and preparation.
- You can reduce moving weight by donating or selling your unused items. You can ship your books via the USPS’s media mail service to save additional money
- Your mover should have modern trucks that use minimal fuel. If you are transporting your goods, there are smartphone apps available to compare up to the minute gas prices.
- Item Dimensions. Reduce the size of your boxes by packing smaller items within bigger ones.
- Packing your items and having friends move boxes can cut into your labor expense.
- Local retail outlets tend to have more cardboard than they know what to do with. Asking an employee about extra cardboard is a sound route to go about obtaining free boxes.
- Packaging Material.Within your own home, items such as linens, washcloths and paper products make excellent box insulators.
- Travel Distance. Distance is fixed but you can price match different movers and see if any would be willing to underbid their competition to take on your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
Moving is a life changing event that requires the care and transporting of our worldly possessions. Employing a mover that understands the stresses and complexities of a move eases the physical and mental burden for everyone involved. At A-1, we pride ourselves in our extended industry history and satisfied client base. Over the years we have accumulated a wide range of service solutions for each part of the move in the hope of being your one stop shop for all your moving related needs. Some of our offerings include:
- Local, national and international relocations in the residential, commercial and industrial industries
- Auto transport, heavy equipment and extra large item relocations
- Door to door delivery, storage options and recycling solutions
- Multi part moves
- Military, senior, student and specialty moving solutions
- Insurance options
- Satellite tracking
- Priority moves
- Packaging materials and supplies
Preparing for a Move
The ease and efficiency of moving day correlate strongly with the steps one takes leading up to it. Good preparation, as it relates to moving, will result in an effective, stress free moving day and a head start for weeks to follow. One of the biggest mistakes new movers make is not having their property ready when the movers arrive. Whether they are still packaging items or clearing out hallways for transport, having your property ready to go when the time comes will save you both time and money.
A fantastic way to stay ahead of the task curve is to create an ongoing to do list detailing that of which you need to do leading up to moving day. There tends to be a surprising amount to do when planning a relocation and a lot can slip through the cracks if one does not keep proper track. Some of the more common tasks to do before you move, include:
- Change your mailing address to all relevant organizations. This includes utility companies, banks, schools, doctor’s office and the post office.
- Create a bag for the first night in your new place. This could include snacks, chargers, pillows, blankets, paper plates and utensils.
- Tend to small repairs in your former residence.
- Create an inventory list of all your items and their corresponding boxes.
- Start by packing your least used room first as early in the process as you can. Then gradually complete other rooms as moving day nears.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.