Cheap Movers in Pelham
Moving to and from Pelham, Alabama should be an enjoyable, carefree experience. Unfortunately, anyone with a bit of moving history knows that transitioning to a new location is often times far more demanding than one might expect. From the packaging and carrying of your items to the transporting and unloading of them, it can end up being quite burdensome. There are companies in the industry with decades of experience and the right hardware to minimize the workload without jeopardizing your items. At A-1, we have been around the moving block and want your move to be as event free as possible.
Why You Should Hire Professional Movers
When contemplating as to what extent you need the help of a moving company there are some questions you’ll want to ask yourself.
Do I want a full service move and use my time to other facets of the transition?
Do I want to pack my own items and just have the movers do the loading and unloading?
Do I need storage while the property is being built?
These and a slew of other questions you’ll need to answer so you can determine the optimum route to go. It’s also best to get this process going early on so consider inquiring at least a couple months before you are looking to move.
Once you have figured out the type of services you’ll need, you’ll want to find a mover that’s the best fit for you. There are many reputable movers out there, but to find the right one start your search by comparing the reviews of some movers you might be interested in. Once you have gotten the list down to 3 or 4 companies, give them a call and write down their rates and with the very best companies, schedule an in home estimate. While on the phone, ask if the company offers binding in home quotes. All too often an extra expense pops up and it’s placed on the customer while in the middle of their move and a bit more likely to pay extra charges to finish the job.
Overall there are many benefits to outsourcing your move, you just have to ask the right questions.
- Insurance. When hiring a professional moving service, by law they have to maintain insurance enough to protect your goods during the move. Granting you peace of mind to tend to one of the many other new home concerns.
- Catered Solutions. You can have a moving service help you with your move as much or as little as you’d like. Reputable movers offer different levels of service to cast a bigger net over potential customers.
- Movers Save Time. Since moving services are experienced and have the right equipment to transport your items efficiently. It prevents you from having to make numerous long trips to and from the truck and reduces your risk of injury and fatigue.
The Cost of Moving
There are a handful of ways you can save money on your next move and a lot of it depends on just how much work you’re willing to do.
- Moving boxes can add to the price of a move in a hurry. Luckily, cardboard boxes are abundant, so much so nearly every store in your area has them in the backroom and usually are more than happy to give them away.
- Local Dollar Stores are a great place to stock up on tapes and adhesives for your boxes.
- The spring and summer months are considered the peak time of the year for movers. Try to schedule your move during the middle of the week in the winter months for additional savings.
- Getting quotes from a variety of movers can drive the price down. Businesses should want to earn your project and will adjust their pricing to earn your business if you come in proof of their competitors estimates
- Moving is considered a tax deduction by the IRS. IRS form 3903 will allow you to deduct your moving expenses on your 1040 form.
- Clear out items you aren’t going to want before you move. Unused furniture and books along with old electronics can add a fair amount of weight for your movers and thus increase the cost.
- Discounts can be available if you are a member of certain organizations or if you contact the mover during promotional periods.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving & Storage Services
A-1 offers a suite of services to fit almost any moving need you might have.
- Full service loading, unloading, packing and unpacking
- Door to door delivery services
- Student moving, veteran moves and senior moves
- Coast to coast, state to state, local and long distance moving
- Auto relocation and storage services
- Commercial, industrial and residential moving
Preparing for a Move
As moving day looms it’s really important to be organized so that each facet of your move goes as planned. A to-do list groups all remaining tasks and helps your prioritize your efforts. A sample checklist might look something like this:
- Confirm pet and baby sitter
- Update address with the bureau of motor vehicles
- Host garage sale and invite the neighbors
- (If DIY packing) organize boxes along the walls to allow safe passage
- Schedule utility shut off
- Ensure parking is available for the movers
- Go to the ATM and remove cash to tip the movers
Your First Night in Your New Home
It is advisable to create a bag for you and each member of your family (for house moves) to have with them on their first night in your new home. This may include toiletries, changes of clothes, medications or even cell phone chargers. In addition to this it is advisable to pack a first night box as well. Having an easy to locate box containing everything you might need in your new home will only make it a more comfortable experience. The may include food, water, batteries, a flashlight, paper plates, plastic utensils, blankets and pillows. Once lightly settled in, consider ordering food your first night in your new home. It will be fun for the family, you’ll get a chance to sample local cuisine and there won’t be any dishes to clean up!