Cheap Movers In Paradise Valley
Cheap Movers in Paradise Valley
Moving is a process that can function like a well oiled machine if proper preemptive measures are set in place. If given enough time, you’ll be able to compare and contrast a variety of highly recommended movers while garnering in-home estimates to get an idea of the market rate for your type of move. At A1, we want to help go over the logistics of your relocation to Paradise Valley, AZ and find a solution that works in your timeframe without compromising your budget. There are some key factors that should weigh heavily into your decision making process that that absolutely determine whether or not to entrust a mover to handle your items
Hiring Professional Movers
Research and asking the right questions are paramount when deciding between moving companies. As the customer, you make the final decision as to which company will be responsible for your relocation and there are a few ways to go about this.
- Compile a list of possible movers and have each of them perform an in home estimate. Pay attention to their thoroughness and inquire about not to exceed and/or binding quotes.
- Compare information from numerous websites including Yelp, Google and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration page.
- Ask about your mover’s included level of insurance and about additional insurance options if available.
- Price match with documents in hand and see if a mover is willing to budge on their original estimate to win your business.
- Your mover is required to have a USDOT number if they transport across state lines and may be bound by licensing requirements on the state level(varies state to state).
Hiring a moving company provides a myriad of assistance to a customer from reduced stress levels and fatigue to the downright convenience of having your items packed and delivered by professionals to your new residence. You won’t have to make multiple trips for the cargo space a moving truck is capable of is suitable for most types of moves. They also carry the proper equipment to wheel your larger items around with the experience to do so safely and quickly. The amount of convenience your mover provides depends on the type of service your move requires and how much of the process you facilitate yourself.
The Cost of Moving
The expense of moving is related to the weight and size of your items, the distance your traveling and the amount of labor involved. To some degree, the customer can control their cost based on how much work they’re willing to do and the level of service they require. With all the competition that’s out there, moving is significantly cheaper than one might suspect. Since some expenses are obligatory such as fuel, labor and vehicle use, it’s sometimes best to hire a company to do the job. All the obligatory will then be on a single bill and usually at a lower cost then if you paid for them individually. As mentioned, there are some do it yourself techniques that can save you money during the process.
- Inquire to prospective movers about discounts such as being a AAA member or student, senior or military discounts.
- Local retailers tend to have excess cardboard and newspaper. Try visiting them late at night while they are unboxing new product to get cardboard on the spot.
- Use excess linens and newspaper ads to line your fragile items such as dishes and glassware.
- Contemplate shipping books ahead of time. The USPS offers deeply discounted shipping prices on books.
- Host a garage sale.
- Pack as many of the items you can on your own. Keep inventory as you do it and be mindful of your mover’s packaging specifications.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Your mover is required by law to have the state minimum insurance coverage on their trucks, which usually means liability insurance. This will safeguard your items in case of an accident but you may want to consider higher levels of insurance is made available by your mover.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
While some movers choose to direct their attention to helping out specific types of relocations, others take pride in helping out anyone they can with their relocation. Of course, to do this, the company must have access to all the proper equipment, tools, technology and trained help necessary to successfully fulfill the relocation they agreed to assist. Due to A1’s many, many years of experience and history in the moving industry, our strong relations have led us to be capable of servicing the following types of moves as well as offering the following features and services…
- Long Distance Moving
- Local Moves
- Student Relocations
- Military Relocations
- International Relocations
- Residential and Commercial Moves
- Office Moving
- Full Service Moving
- Full Packing Services
- Door to Door Delivery
- Storage Solutions
- Recycling Services
- Auto, Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment Transport Services
- Recycling Solutions
- High Priority Services
- Custom Planning and More…
Preparing for a Move
Although most of your obligations in the moving process have been relieved to the moving professionals now that you hired one for help, you will still have some duties to accomplish before the day the movers are due to arrive. Fortunately, preparing as necessary won’t take much of your time or effort. Just be sure to stay on top of everything, even if it means writing out a moving checklist a.k.a. to-do list. Here are some of the things you should have done before their arrival…
- Picked up all the clutter and debris around the exterior and interior of the property so that there is nothing in the way of the movers.
- You should make sure there is adequate parking space for the moving truck or trucks. This space should be safe, on solid ground, and nearest to the door of your home as possible.
- Have everyone but responsible parties out of the home on moving day.
- Stack all boxes neatly for the movers and ensure they are all sealed and properly labeled with their contents or the room they are to go in.