Cheap Movers in Palmer
Moving out of Palmer, Alaska doesn’t have to be a hassle. With the assistance and guidance of professionals, you won’t have much to worry about. Most assume that the price for moving service sis much to high for them to afford. This couldn’t be further from the truth. In all reality, moving services are known for their cost efficiency and affordability. That is correct. It is cheaper to hire a moving company than it is to see through a move on your own. Think about it. A mover will already have access to all of the greatest tools, equipment, help, trucks, technology, and other useful components. You will have no need to purchase or rent any of the necessary elements if you hire a mover for help instead. To find a moving company that can fulfill your relocation safely, cheaply and timely, continue reading. We would like to help you by providing you with some helpful information.
Hiring Professional Movers
To find a moving company you can put your trust into, simply get online to search for movers near your property in Palmer. You will find several great options but you must carefully sift through them to ensure they have all of the qualities a professional mover should have. Here are some of the things you should look for in a moving company if you are to consider hiring them…
- A license through the state, registry through the Department of Transportation, and any certifications proving their legitimacy.
- Insurance coverage for each customer that meets the expectations of the State of Alaska.
- Staff members answering phones at least during business hours that can provide guidance and help to anyone that phones in.
- Proof of a fabulous reputation as shown through reviews and ratings left online from past customers.
- Services that meet your expectations or a broad spectrum of options and the ability to tailor plans as necessary.
- Low prices that you can afford and no anticipation for payments before the move is fulfilled.
Now that you know some of the things a mover should showcase to prove themselves as competent, start comparing the info you’ve learned about the moving companies in your area. It is customary to book with a mover at least a couple months in advance.
The Cost of Moving
When you are looking for a mover, you may take notice that there are non-binding and binding agreements. This can get quite confusing for someone who has never had to hire a mover before. Here is a brief description of the various types of quotes you may come across offered by the movers in your area…
Over the Phone (Non-Binding) Quote
Over the phone quotes are just a quick rounded figure that is calculated after you provide the movers with bits of information including personal data, the addresses of both locations, how many rooms are in your home, and a few other things. These quotes aren’t to be assumed as accurate. Instead, use them to gain some insight and to have more information to use as you compare movers. By calling in you will also get to speak with a rep so don’t forget to ask if there are any discounts that you might qualify for.
Moving Calculator (Non-Binding) Quote
A moving calculator is often found on a moving company’s website. This is a type of online form that you will need to fill out carefully and submit. It will ask similar information as the reps would should you call in for a quick quote. Then once it is submitted, you will receive your quote via email in just minutes.
To receive a binding quote on your Bill of Lading, the mover will likely require an evaluation of your Palmer property. This is so they can assess the home’s layout, count the rooms, see how much you have to pack and transport, and check out other such things. They will also determine what truck size to use, how many men are needed for the job, and how much time it will likely take to complete. They will combine this info with the following before giving you a binding estimate…
- Cost of fuel
- Distance to travel
- Services purchased
- How much all your stuff weighs once it is loaded on the moving truck
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
About A1’s Moving and Storage Solutions
A1 likes to present their customers with tons of options. In fact, we have so many options we know that we have a solution for pretty much anyone that comes to us for help. Here is what we have to offer…
- Local Moves
- Long Distance Moves
- State to State Moves
- Apartment and Studio Moves
- Heavy Furniture Moves
- Full Packing Services
- Full Service Moves
- International Moves
- Office Relocations
- Commercial and Residential Moving
- Insurance Packages
- Auto, Heavy Equipment and Oversized Cargo Transports
- Residential and Commercial Relocations
- A Variety of Storage Solutions
- Customized Plans and More…
Preparing for a Move
Fortunately, your part in the process of relocation is a lot less strenuous than it is on the movers. Nonetheless, your duties are just as important. By preparing properly for the move you are only ensuring the safety of your things as well as those working on your relocation. Grab pen and paper and write out a moving checklist to make sure you complete all that is expected of you in time. Here is what your list should include…
- Take time to arrange your home so that the movers can maneuver through it easily. Make sure there isn’t clutter on the ground or anything hanging from the ceilings. You want to guarantee their safety as they go through your home collecting your property for its transport.
- Have somewhere nearby for the movers to park the large truck. Make sure it is on solid ground.
- Have water and even snacks ready for the movers so that they can continue to work without needing to leave for such necessities.
- Don’t have any distractions present on the day of the move.
- Keep all pertinent documents with you so that you can give them to the movers when they arrive.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.